Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
He's dead, Jim...
[Image: Star-Trek---Indie-Edition.png]

"indie as h*ck"

[Image: Evolution.png]

New Stuff
this is so independent I can barely handle it!
anyway I think the human sprites would look better with shoulders,
also do you have any artificial limitations in place? if not I think you could do with some shading to give a hint of some form.
Thanked by: Novally
I don't know why you're doing this. This looks really subpar than the stuff you're used to do. I see like, no difference between the races at all; they just look like random humans with different body builds (idk a thing about Star Trek though so I might be wrong).

I have no criticism other than avoiding this and using any other style where the difference and details are more perceptible.

tl;dr it looks indie enough

which means it's terrible
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
(02-06-2013, 04:48 AM)Gorsalad Wrote: I see like, no difference between the races at all; they just look like random humans with different body builds

Welcome to Star Trek; Rubber Foreheads and Ears; maybe Neck Ridges if you're lucky ¦D
Thanked by:
What's the point of making the upper body portions have a brown outline? It could just be black like the rest of the outline.
Please watch me on Deviant Art!

~Novs
Thanked by:
[Image: Super-Star-Trek.png]

so some people complained on Skype that i didnt have "real restrictions"
Thanked by:
Real restrictions like what? Color limitations?

~Novs
Thanked by:
(02-06-2013, 07:10 PM)Novally Wrote: Real restrictions like what? Color limitations?

Artificial limitations are for example, you want to make a sprite for PC which can use any combination of pallets and pretty much any size range, but you choose to make your sprites in only 16x16 with 4 colours per pallet,
Its a limitation thats not actually in place, nothing is stopping you from not abiding by these limitations and so it is just an imaginary, artificial limitation.

In this case I'm assuming its size and colour limitations, though I have no issue with artificial limitations, I find them quite a fun challenge to work with.

quick edit:
these sprites look a lot better than the first lot!
Thanked by: Novally
I understand all of that, I was asking him what his limitations for it. I usually give myself a limitation too depending on the sprite.

~Novs
Thanked by:
[Image: Evolution.png]

New Stuff
Thanked by: Phantom Killah, Tellis
Looking much better. Flat, but still better.

~Novs
Thanked by:
Updated with shaded Vulcan male and female
Thanked by:
I think the legs are somewhat short.
Thanked by:
I like it. Though the legs seem fine to me, when making overworld sprites proportions don't really need to be on par.
If were suppose to be looking from above the legs would look shorter anyways.
[Image: mugen.gif][Image: 41583772.gif]

Love Gotta Have it:
Thanked by: