Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
It's been a while
Almost four years maybe? Well anyways.

[Image: UPOo7yJ.png]

Wuddle Deo and Wuddle Doe.

[Image: 7rohBRC.png]

I made these in a recent livestream.

[Image: 1XN0Pdh.png]

To have a more visible link to the chat in my signature (though obviously I advice using a normal client instead of mibbit).
The colors on the Waddle Dee look pretty weird. May just be my preference but the color doesn't really match the color scheme of a basic Waddle Dee. This could be intentional. Is this supposed to be like a SNES styled sprite? Also, The Super Mario items look nice! I wish there was a coin though.
Please watch me on Deviant Art!

~Novs
Thanked by:
I think the official design has him a lot brighter and more orange-ish than red,
[Image: xCKdqGI.png]
but I don't really care about official designs ;-)
It's not intentionally anything-styled.

[Image: 7KMVS1X.png]
Thanked by: HandToeKnee
Very cool, they all look great!
[Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: 9fryz.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png] [Image: 3CczX.gif]
[Image: l3q8a.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: hPWuQpg.png]

It's Pikachu! I think!
its like a mix between pichu and pikachu... pichukichu?
Thanked by: ~Axis~, Novally
[Image: 0vVN4JL.png]

* Previous shrugs
Maybe on waddle doo you could try to make the eye point further right instead of being straight in the center, so that it looks like it's face matches up with the way it's turned
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: Kami, Zadaben
The a's in "appeared" are too big. Lower it down by a pixel. Pikachu should also be fatter. He's way too skinny now.

Waddle Doo is supposed to have hair on his head thing. Without it, he looks like a robot.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
(02-03-2013, 05:10 PM)recolornerd Wrote: The a's in "appeared" are too big. Lower it down by a pixel. Pikachu should also be fatter. He's way too skinny now.

Waddle Doo is supposed to have hair on his head thing. Without it, he looks like a robot.

I agree with the Pikachu issue. He could also keep the same sprite and change the ears to make a nice Pichu as well.
As for the waddle doo, it is missing the two strands of hair on it's head. It's not because without it he looks like a robot. It's the cold stare in it's eyes- excuse me, eye. This is a thing of preference, but if you made the waddle doo's eye glossier or gave it some sort of facial expression it would look more life like. It would also look nice if it's eyes popped out more.

reference:
Please watch me on Deviant Art!

~Novs
Thanked by:
...maybe he purposely made Pikachu skinny because he likes the modern design... Tongue
I like it myself. I feel like making it chunky would look awkward. it essentially looks kind of like the FR/LG sprite, which isn't a bad thing I don't think.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
it isn't a matter of it being skinny, the head is too big, make the body taller and the base of the body (down by the feet) wider, like so,
(admitedely I did make it 2 pixel wider but thats because the head was too spherical, I needed extra space to make the face seem flatter.
I also cleaned up some issues with shading and added a little bit of celout to better define the form (some parts had shading hugging the edge as opposed to following the form and it looked a bit off.)
[Image: 4ZCwDu6.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Jamuk
the ear closest to the tail looks behind the head. less separation, please~
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Thanks!

[Image: lV6FnTw.png]

[Image: 4IzF9Nd.gif]

To be honest, I never noticed that it had those hair antennae things Embarassed

[Image: HiNPmX2.png]
Neither have I...
[Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: 9fryz.gif]