Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Mario or Sonic?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mario
71.88%
23 71.88%
Sonic
28.13%
9 28.13%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Mario Vs. Sonic.
Who do you like more? You choose!

I like Mario over Sonic. The games are very fun and have so much more replay value. There are also a whole slew of characters in the series that range from funny to serious.
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by: puggsoy
Whoa! the Blue Blur doesn't choose sonic?????????? Mind blown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me, it literally depends on the game.

I'd literally choose Paper Mario over anything Sonic, but Sonic did have some really decent games I enjoyed playing as well.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Mario series: Consistently great and enjoyable games since the first game in the series. Very few games that aren't great. I also can't honestly say I've ever played a bad Mario game produced by Nintendo.

Sonic series: Became consistently awful and at best below average after SA2 almost without exception, and even then all of the post SA2 games leave things to be desired, some more than others. That's not to say the adventure games were flawless (Big the Cat, among other things) but they were good games, unlike pretty much everything Sega has released since. A big part of the problem is that Sega knows they don't have to produce good sonic games to make profits because they have plenty of gullible customers who will fork out money for their favorite hedgehog anyway. Now, I have not played Sonic Generations and I've not so much as seen a gameplay video of colours, but from what I've heard those games aren't as great as some fans seem to think; They're merely okay. As far as I'm concerned, that just isn't okay enough.

It's real shame, because I really do want to be able to like the series again. I like the concept of the series, I think the classic characters are great and I think a few of the post-classic series characters like Shadow and Blaze are fine, and I think Eggman is just awesome. But none of that matters if they games themselves are bad.

Thanked by: ~Axis~
I haven't properly played a Sonic game ever, I've occasionally played the 1st/2nd on the Genesis, and I remember playing one on the GBA too, but yeah. The new 3D ones where you really run extremely fast and make huge leaps and such look like fun, but I haven't had a chance to play them and I haven't really wanted to all that much.

Mario on the other hand is just plain awesome. Every Mario game I've played has been an enjoyable experience, particularly the RPGs, and there are still heaps I'm looking forward to playing.

On the whole I like Mario better, but from my experience Sonic is fairly cool too.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
In general I'd pick Mario, but there was some pretty great Sonic games.
Thanked by:
I thought we were finally about to get the game we've all been waiting for as opposed to an olympics competition x.xSweatdrop
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
I prefer the Sonic vocal tracks.
Does Mario even have vocal tracks?
Thanked by: Mag
Sonic > Mario.
Mario's great, but Sonic 3 & Knuckles is still the undefeated champion of both series' 2D platform games. Why can I pick this game up after completing it 100 times and still enjoy it? Sonic 4 should have been that and more, but helais.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by: Baegal
This was a question 10 years a go. Sonic lost the game when the Saturn rolled in and the rest is history.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: puggsoy, Lemonray, Ton
Well yeah, but this is personal opinion. Not what actually happened.

Thanked by: puggsoy
(01-30-2013, 12:29 PM)Previous Wrote: I prefer the Sonic vocal tracks.
Does Mario even have vocal tracks?

I think I can only like Sonic vocal tracks ironically.
Thanked by: Sengir, Gors
(01-30-2013, 02:47 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: Sonic > Mario.
Mario's great, but Sonic 3 & Knuckles is still the undefeated champion of both series' 2D platform games.
This this this

I naturally lean to Sonic simply because it was my first video game series ever, but the games after SA2B (excluding Generations) were pretty bad. I love the classic sonic game series, and even though I'm disappointed with the way things are running, I can't stop loving it.

I've always liked Mario, but the only games from it I genuinely and wholeheartedly loved were PM64 and Thousand Year Door. The series as a whole is well done (except for the constant rehashing of NSMB), I just for whatever reason am attached to Sonic
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: ~Axis~
Same here. I will always love Sonic since It was the first game I ever played (and first anime I ever watched). However, if I had to choose, I would pick Mario, because almost every game in the series is a whole load of fun and makes you want to play it over and over again, while only one Sonic game can do that for me, S3&K. No matter how many times they rehash NSMB, no matter how boring the concept gets, I'll still have fun playing it. If I had to choose between characters and story though, I would definatly pick Sonic. There are much more personality in the characters in the Sonic cast than Mario. Plus the storyline of the Mario series is rather simplistic, while the storyline of Sonic is rather dynamic. Both of them have the same concept: chase down the bad guy, but Sega knows how to throw some story into the mix.
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by:
Ah see it's whoever grew up with what.

Thanked by:
I grew up with Mario buit prefer Link

Aside of that Sonic games have always been rather too fast-paced and confusing for me.
Thanked by: ~Axis~, Davy Jones