Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SUPER ARISA WORLD - old topic
SUPER ARISA WORLD
Thread Nº. 2

Super Arisa World is a parody game starring Arisa and Sengi~. As the name suggests, it heavily references Super Mario World, though it also takes inspiration from other games too.

Contents:
  1. TO-DO LIST
  2. Backstory
  3. Story
  4. Gameplay
  5. Ideas
  6. Graphics
  7. Dialogs (spoiler alert)
  8. Music
  9. Credits
  10. Other Stuff

If you support this project, please add this icon to your sig!

[Image: b0KxM.gif]

Code:
[url=http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=20116][img]http://i.imgur.com/b0KxM.gif[/img][/url]

Thanks for the support! If you have any suggestion, be free to share them Heart

As you can see, the thread has been reformatted and organized for the project's reboot. You can read it, and ask for questions if something is not clear enough. Note that the dialogue is not complete yet, and there might be typos and errors.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
First time I actually bother to properly check out this project, since I didn't want to have to read through the whole thread of the old one. In any case looks cool, good luck with it!

By the way, do you think you might make a level editor in the future? Because if so you'll probably want to decide whether PK can or can't be killed by Starsock, since custom levels might put them in the same level.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Exactly. I want this game to be something fun in the long run, so opening it for the others might be a good idea. For now, though, I want to keep this project a little 'closed' so this way, things don't get out of control.

I've been working on this project in a more 'closed' strategy; people can suggest things and even make sprites, but the main bulk of it is mine and Ploaj's. This way, I know exactly what I need to do and I don't need to depend on others when coming to some stuff. Once I finish the main game, or at least most of it, I'll make it available to tSR.

So if you have a suggestion, feel free to share it. If I like it, I'll add it. Also I might need help on the sprites (to share the workload), but we'll see.
Thanked by:
Oh well basically I meant a level editor not to help in the final game but just so people can muck around and make levels for each other and stuff. But yeah letting people make levels for the actual game might be good too.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
I can't stop laughing at the name "girlbert"
Can't wait to give this a go!
Thanked by:
(01-28-2013, 01:45 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Oh well basically I meant a level editor not to help in the final game but just so people can muck around and make levels for each other and stuff. But yeah letting people make levels for the actual game might be good too.

oh, of course! What I am planning is to make the main game first, then let people go wild with editors. Because even if custom worlds are cool and all, I still want to give the main levels a certain importance.

I also thought of making more levels after the first 4 are done; I've set this number because I think it's reasonable enough for the time being c:
Thanked by: puggsoy
Gors, so it's kind of a base goal that you want to get done before working towards a bigger goal?
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by:
yeah, kind of. I mean, I'll be satisfied enough if those 4 levels are done. But if we can make more later on, why not?
Thanked by: puggsoy, Ploaj, Kami
I can't wait for this to come out! The art is top notch, the music is amazing and the gameplay looks sick!!!
~~LOVE~~
~~SOLINK~~PK~~C2B~~KAIKIMI~~
[Image: Boggle_inside_a_futuristic_pod_by_Mabelma.png]

Have some time, check out my tumblr blog.
Thanked by:
Awesome! One question: where does Belle fall into this story? Did I miss her part in the explanation?
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
(01-29-2013, 08:23 PM)Baegal Wrote: Awesome! One question: where does Belle fall into this story? Did I miss her part in the explanation?

[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: Baegal
I wrote some dialog parts, as shade pointed out. I'll flesh it out better soon .
Thanked by: Baegal
[Image: LKGnt5x.gif]
Had to find some free time... heheh

I'm reworking everything from scratch to fix all the physics issues and stuff. It shouldn't take as long as before because I have an idea of how to do everything.
I also intend on including an online coop mode which couldn't have been included in the previous engine (I'm sloppy with code sometimes.)

If you want to see what I have right now~
www.sendspace.com/file/epgylw

I'll get to tFR soon, I've had a few issues with it.
I am giving love to a certain someone..

[Image: 25efe34a5b5ee0b4448514f4be706735.png?1365991429]

[Image: l3FivAI.gif]

[Image: 32ca1a0b0eaf4ed75075f492d17df436.png?1366126668]