Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario Bros custom tileset
[img][Image: MegaSuperMariocustomtileset_zpsb1c7bd5d.png][/img]
Thanked by: SuperFlomm
just like with your Doopliss sprites these need to be checked out by the community before you can submit them. I can tell they need work, so moving this to the spriting area.
next time please post your sprites here instead of submissions.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
the bricks are pillow shaded, the pipe seems to be using a gradient which goes against the style you've established here.
some of your shades need contrasting and I think your outlines should be a dark shade of the colour their containing rather than just black (pure black is typically avoided as its not a naturally occurring colour in the majority of scenes.
you could probably make a nicer animation for your lava / water / poison,
water chops, poison fumes and lava bubbles is the typical animation in games, and convention in games serves well to readability (E.G. if its red it explodes)
Thanked by:
Well, I gave the pipes that look to imitate how they look in some of the games. plus, I guess I admit I did a few things unconsistently, but, in my next sprite sheet, witch has characters and enemies, should be alot more consistent. If I ever remake this, I'll follow your advice. thanks
Thanked by: Phaze
I don't want to repeat the others, but you need to work with your shading. It was hard for me at first too. It starts to come natural.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=13868

Read that thread. It's a beautiful thread that I am still learning from.
Please watch me on Deviant Art!

~Novs
Thanked by:
Here is part 1 of my custom Mario character sprites. It includes Mario and Luigi. Also, I kept all your tips in mind while making them.

[img][Image: customMariocharactersspritesheet_zpsfbdcc57a.png][/img]
Thanked by:
fix their stances/legs. They're standing stiff like toy soldiers.
[Image: mugen.gif][Image: 41583772.gif]

Love Gotta Have it:
Thanked by: Bombshell93
The first thing I really noticed, was that mario and luigi looked pretty much the same. The only difference between the two are the colors and the fact that luigi has a bit of a chin.

There are many differences between the two bros., like the differences in height, weight and moustaches as well as stances and animations that show their different character traits.
um...... I don't exactly know how else to make them stand.... but I'll edit that and just post those sprites edited

[img][Image: Mariospritesedited_zps428f58d4.png][/img]

If they are, I'll work on editing all of Luigi's sprites tomorrow.
Thanked by:
try making their shoulders lower it looks like they have no neck
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
Jeez dude lol. Those sprites look like they're breaking their own legs each time they move. The fireballs aren't shaded. You should start with a stick figure for poses to learn shape instead of trying to aim for the final product in one full blast. Color choices are...rough and in your face. It's too bright without the another tone to even it out. Shading should be worked on.

~Novs
Thanked by:
The head is too far back, move it a pixel or two to the right. The pose is really stiff with the straight arms and legs. Your shading doesn't add any volume, but follows the outline instead. You need to work on the colours - make your own choices instead of using presets, try colours with lower saturation (not 240 everywhere), shift the hue of darker shades (as in, shade darker blue or red with a bit more purple).

Those grey pixels you put everywhere around them will not work on varying backgrounds, they would stick out. Remove them and try a different sheet background colour, white usually isn't a good choice, some pale green should work better.
Thanked by:
I'll give Mario and Luigi another try, then I'll work on the enemies.
Thanked by:
Don't give up dude. Fix them before you start on a whole other sheet. You'll most likely end up making the same mistakes like last.

~Novs
Thanked by:
[img][Image: Mariospritesedited_zps1e476629.png][/img]

How's this?
Thanked by: