Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy: All The Bravest (Please don't hate me?)
Don't worry - I'm right there with ya guys regarding this game. This, as a game, is utterly devoid of all shame and positively asstacular.

But it's not completely devoid of any redeemable qualities. This is the first official Square Final Fantasy game that re-renders FFVII-and onwards characters into 16-bit sprites of FFVI-era - both overworld and battle...I think. I'm not exactly jumping to confirm that for myself. At the same time, features some well known locales from those games in VI-era style backgrounds and backdrops.

In short, it's not worth playing/buying. But it's definitely worth ripping. Unfortunately, I don't know how to rip mobile game myself so I have to make this my first - and only request.

Make it happen?
Thanked by:
I'd love to see some rips from this. I love the idea of the sprited newer characters.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Honestly mobile games are generally the easiest thing to rip ever.
Just search Google for "[name of game] rom free download" or free download and you should find it on mobile app sites. Download it, then open the .IPA or .JAR with WinRAR, and you will be able to browse the files inside. If you're lucky, everything should be in .PNGs, .JPGs or other recognizable formats. From there you can just extract all the images and arrange them onto sheets, archive them or do whatever you want for submisson.
...Looking it up myself, it doesn't seem to be very find-able, so I went and searched for it myself and found it: http://download.pandaapp.com/ios-iphone-...29822.html
I'm gonna let you look through the files though so good luck and hope you can get the sprites!
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Ton
*sigh* Nope. Too good to be true. There's all sorts of weird crap in there - the only actual image files in the package are the iOS icon images. The game itself is located in a "Payload" folder which just contains the .app file. Inside though, from the looks of it all the images and sounds are stored in a .dat file (misc.dat) - I think. It's the biggest file in there (33 mb).

Now, I've tried everything I could to crack it open, but nothing seems to take.

EDIT: =_=Sweatdrop As always, Square Enix have to be a bitch about it. I figured that, hypothetically, this .dat file might work as an image and sound archive for the game. That isn't new - several executables and apps do the same thing. And whaddya know...not even VB can recognize the bloody thing. I've had an easier time decompiling .exe's than this. >_>

Man, if I knew my request was such a pain I wouldn't have asked you guys. Sad

Ok, that's a lie. I still want these sprites. Smile
Thanked by:
If you can figure out how to decompress BGAD (misc.dat is littered with references to it), that might be the key.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
My knowledge of messing around with game files only goes so far. Sad There's a reason why I long gave up trying to help with an English patch for Type-0. Square Enix always uses these extremely annoying compressions and encryptions.
Thanked by:
Quite frankly I myself am looking very forward to the ripping of this. >=
Isn't there any screenshotting apps for the iOS? If someone takes screenshots of the characters I'd very lovestuckingly arrange them into their precious sheet. Heart
Sorry for my mistakes on english, people..... I am Brazilian, and to worsen that... i learnt english playing Final Fantasy and asking my mother.

EDIT: Now, 4 years have passed, and I`m an english teacher. Heart
Thanked by:
Screenshots - you mean other than like from promotional material? Hah. I don't think enough people purchased the game for that. Tongue

I'm still trying to figure out how to crack this .dat file, but it really is a bitch. The usual methods don't work at all. It might have something with how the actual game is played...like, pay to play, more or less.

And seeing as half of the characters are paid DLC, I'm questioning whether they're even in the file. Now, if they are, then that's just the biggest dick move on Square's part ever. ...Horrible conundrum.
Thanked by:
I've seen sprite rips of this on the Final Fantasy wiki, which I usually go there for reference images in other endeavors. It's obviously possible then, but the method by which they did it, is not very apparent...I've tried finding a contact method for the ripper but as you know wikis are horrible for that usually...
Thanked by:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_...st_Enemies

Forgot to mention it also have sprites from FFIII enemies, which never ever received 16-bit sprites.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Apparently. :< Kimlasca warrior is the ripper.

Anyway, I never said it was impossible lol. I just said that I personally have no clue on how to crack it open. Best thing at this point is to just leave him a post on his discussion wall. He's pretty active, so I doubt he won't respond. That said, most wikitoids tend to be jackasses - hence I'm not getting my hopes up. Remember when WEWY first came out, and some folks (myself included) started ripping some stuff? Their wiki were the first that ripped all of the pins, but they chased anyone away who was asking about it. Not cool.
Thanked by:
Update. :<

As I thought, the game is generally unrippable. Each character (and subsequent area) is individually downloaded through the game's insanely unethical transaction system. If unlocking everything (aka, buying) equals to 100%, then when you first download the base game you essentially get less than 20% of it. The characters, backgrounds, bosses, etcs it's all downloaded and patched in through transactions.

As for Kimlasca warrior, I asked him and he did it the old fashioned way: Screencaps and cutouts. And that requires you to actually buy the game, which is the biggest fucking hell no from me. And...I encourage everyone to do the same lol.

The sprites are neat, but simply not worth Square Enix's bullshit. This thread can now be locked as the game is officially unrippable. At least, through sane and logical means.