Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
3-D Modeling help.
Information 
Hello hello. It's me again with another bothersome request. This time however, it has to do with 3-D modeling. I have been experimentally ripping and isolating models for future use. The only problem is that though I can get them to the right proportions, I can't really rig them myself due to extreme ineptitude with the process. Why am I doing this? Well, perhps you may have heard of a silly little chat program called 'IMVU'. Well, recently I was gifted a VIP membership of it's services and that allows me to create things for it, which I greatly wish to do. Only problem is I have no idea how to do so properly. I have all the required files and information but still I am clueless. I have many ideas and many exclusive ripped models (That I can't post here out of personal reasons until they are complete). I was wondering if someone would like to become my 3-D modeling assistant in rigging these things and we can share the bounty they produce? I'm sure there is something we can work out. Please reply here and contact me if you so desire to help.
Thanked by:
(01-23-2013, 08:02 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: Hello hello. It's me again with another bothersome request. This time however, it has to do with 3-D modeling. I have been experimentally ripping and isolating models for future use. The only problem is that though I can get them to the right proportions, I can't really rig them myself due to extreme ineptitude with the process. Why am I doing this? Well, perhps you may have heard of a silly little chat program called 'IMVU'. Well, recently I was gifted a VIP membership of it's services and that allows me to create things for it, which I greatly wish to do. Only problem is I have no idea how to do so properly. I have all the required files and information but still I am clueless. I have many ideas and many exclusive ripped models (That I can't post here out of personal reasons until they are complete). I was wondering if someone would like to become my 3-D modeling assistant in rigging these things and we can share the bounty they produce? I'm sure there is something we can work out. Please reply here and contact me if you so desire to help.
Well I'm sure you can find good rigging tutorials. Rigging isn't actually hard, it's rather tidious and depends on the model.
Also, isn't IMVU like a sex game chat thing?... lol?
Thanked by:
I've been doing some searching and most of it goes over my head. And no, it's not a 'sex chat program'...well...it can be used for that and often does due to the fact it's a public chat program that allows basically anyone unless they really mess up. What my friends and I have been doing is sort of 'roleplaying' and 'battles', though I'm more of an overseer and organizer than a participant. The nature of the program quite broad and people tend to use it for less-than-desirable purposes for me and my friends. Fortunately they don't last long usually.

Anyway back to the main topic. I've done several custom models but since they're not rigged and incomplete, I can't properly upload them to the program.
Thanked by: