Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[WIP] P2PG Arcade - Mighty Ninja
Initially part of some experimentation misty ninja became the first title of the P2P Arcade (due to name ambiguity we've had to change to P2PG / Push 2 Play Games)
I had a playable demo (which is still available with level editor on the Game Development Board) though due to lack of pre-planning and design, the engine was sloppy and couldn't hold up with the other projects intended for it.
The newer engine running faster, written cleaner and far more flexible is almost complete with the level editor only needing some tweaks to its design and a feature or 2, I decided to give the graphics a rehash with the new design)

SO!
Here is the design,
[Image: vMFJG.png]
The Ninjas without the masks are the protagonists, they are trying to stop the ninjas with the masks from summoning more ghost ninjas (like themselves)
To do that they must get the spirit gems which are guarded by dragons, to do this they must collect gems and give them to the dragon to please it, once enough gems have been collected the dragon will stop spewing fire and the level will be over.
As for the 2 robot looking dudes, they will serve as the tutorial and to a degree plot drivers, talking over the com (which will be at the top of the screen) either arguing, complimenting the player, mentioning milestones (10,000 points, got enough gems to finish the leave, a door has been opened, etc.)
Enough about the game, here are the sprites (so far)
[Image: 4swBi.png][Image: ni3cd.png][Image: taZQN.gif]
EDIT: the level editor and tile editor is now done so I'm going to be concentrating on level items like hazards, score and trick platforms
[Image: ohTlY.png][Image: wSV9e.gif][Image: hyqt8.gif]
I plan on making these fairly polished sprites, as my first public project (albeit second attempt) I want it to be quality enough to start P2PG with a good name.

That said any and all comments and crits are encouraged and greatly appreciated,
thanks for reading,
Bombshell
Thanked by:
dude's walk is poorly balanced, he looks like he's ging to fall on his back. The sprites have a lot of straight lines too and usually, the lightsource comes from the top-front of the sprite, not top-back. idk what's that yellow thing on the second ninja's face, it looks like hair or a colored visor. Work on it more to emilinate ambiguity.

as for the game, it looks like that ninja game graphics you did, only more fleshed out. I enjoy that!
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Bombshell93
[Image: k2LGY.png][Image: d0ayU.gif]
hows this?

EDIT: tried removing the line issue on the guy ninja
[Image: W2lVr.png]
Thanked by:
attack, jump and hit, and the start of the tilesheet.
[Image: Myay2.png][Image: sGt0o.png]
Thanked by:
UPDATE!
expanded the tile set to contain the bush and in cave tiles, I'll be making a rocky floor soon.
tweaked the run animation and made all the heads a bit rounder, and a sample gif showing the animations, the end is a little rushed.
[Image: 7ZFgV.png][Image: WqQ6n.png][Image: taZQN.gif]
Thanked by: HandToeKnee, Shade
small update, I'm making the player object for the game at the moment, I've spent the past few days finishing up the level editor mostly,
as such I've been playing with the level editor and needed some more tiles to fiddle with, so TADAH! rocks!
[Image: ni3cd.png]
EDIT:
for anyone curious this is the sprites in use (quickly whipped up in the level editor)
[Image: SYZkc.png]
Thanked by: Shade
the level editor and tile editor is now done so I'm going to be concentrating on level items like hazards, score and trick platforms
[Image: 1m2ai.png][Image: hyqt8.gif]
fire spout for a tall hazard, spikes, and bases for spikes (which will be used for retracting spikes / timed spikes) also buster drill, when you jump over it, it will shoot up and drop back down, it will fly through platforms should it contact any, then when falling it will rest on the ground again (allowing it to climb vertically if the platforms are just right)

EDIT:
also arms
[Image: 4swBi.png]
Thanked by: HandToeKnee, Phaze, Shade
[Image: gtQGW.png]
BAM!
Bits, Stones and Gems
and a spirit gem guarding dragon which still needs a lot of touching up
Thanked by: HandToeKnee, Shade, Virt
[Image: ohTlY.png][Image: wSV9e.gif]
dragon cleaned up a bit (the mirrored will be done in code, but I figured I'd mirror it on the sheet to show what it'll look like in game.)
and Spirit gem, which will glow like in the gif when the player has given the dragons enough gems to finish the level (they will need to stand on top of the gem for a second to finish, that way the player can keep collecting gems for high score if they so please)
Thanked by: HandToeKnee
the latest version has been released,
not all graphics are in use just yet, but most are,
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=22162

I'll not be working on the mighty ninja again until the TDS and vertical scrolling shooter are at the same stage of development (with exception to bugs)
when the vertical scrolling shooter and TDS are ready I'll set up some menus to navigate between the editors and levels and view their high scores, and then I'll be adding bits and bobs to each of the games until their sheets are full or the games have nothing more to gain.
Thanked by: Dazz, Kami