Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New Megaman animations.
Question 
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y390...1078bd.png

It was something I made long ago but forgot to post. NOTE: I did make an edit to one animation, indicated the original in red line parentheses.

-Also I don't know how to use image tags. (I'd rather just give you guys a link to my work than stress over if my image tag is working properly.) Unimpressed
Thanked by:
simply add these tags around the link,

Code:
[img]link goes here[/img]
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Question 
(01-03-2013, 07:15 PM)Gorsalad Wrote: simply add these tags around the link,

Code:
[img]link goes here[/img]

[Image: ArtWork1_zps8e1078bd.png]

Thanks.
Thanked by:
They're only sprite edits, so I'm going to guess that you really don't know the difference between an edit and a custom, and that's a fairly common mistake to make if you're new. That being said don't count on anyone worshiping it like it's something special.

Editing is basically where you modify existing sprites into new ones, for example you're megaman sprites. Custom work is actually making the sprites by yourself, no sprites to edit or anything, just building up you're pixels completely from scratch until you have something you like. We have a pretty good spriting dictionary on these boards that you could look at for the terms if you need to.

Here's my suggestion to you: Sprite from scratch.

No really, if you can edit a few pixels in a few seconds you can at least make one sprite in a few minutes. It doesn't have to be in a fancy new style or anything. You could probably try to make something in the Megaman 8-bit style if you wanted to (I would go against this but who am I to say that you can't). As long as you know the limitations of the style I see no reason why you can't do it. In fact I really encourage you to do so.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Excuse the termology, but yes I do know a thing or two upon making things in 8-bit megaman style, but customization is really what I'm well at.
Thanked by:
that said this isn't custom work, this is edit work, we can't judge your skills or give you accurate information about your sprites if their mostly someone elses.
I'd advise you post custom work, its nothing personal everyones told the same when they first come to the forum, custom work allows us to see a majority of your skillset, where you might improve, where your already doing well.
Edits on the other hand its hard to tell how much is custom work and how much is taken from the originals, shape, design and colour often being the worst case despite them being some of the most crucial to pixel art.
Thanked by:
(Ugh spammers)

I was responding to the bobo's opinion upon the spinning cycle, (again highlighted in red,) as of the others , it's completely my work; thus being a custom, not an edit.

-plus doesn't any one notice that this section is called CUSTOM EDITING, I figured that would mean both, seeing that I'm posting something that is custom and an edit.
Thanked by:
Most of the edited frames are just assembled from other parts of Mega Man animations. Really the most edited thing is the mad face, which doesn't look that good.

Also, just nitpicking, but Mega Man is by Capcom, not Nintendo.
Thanked by:
Look I'm not going to argue with you guys; I made this years ago. And in the end, it's just old artwork. Whether you use it or not its your own choice. I just wanted this for people to see, moreover use. This is however, not as important to me anyway; I'm more concerned in the lack of Pokemon overworld sprites, (the classic ones of course.)

-Yes I did caught on to the Nintendo/Capcom thing I'm sorry.
Thanked by:
I'd advise you to calm down, no one is attacking and we're especially not spamming you,
on a side note avoid "Don't steal" its a frowned upon phrase very much especially in edits, its redundant,
I'd also like to say there is a massive difference between a custom and an edit and there isn't any easy way to mix them together.
What you have made is an edit, if the work is entirely your work its a custom,
Upscaling / Downgrading / Revamping existing graphics, depending on the degree, I may consider custom edits, but in this case, it is purely edited work.

EDIT:
don't post old works, this forum is based around helping people improve, its not a good place to put old works because we can't judge how good your work is now,
more so its not a place people come to use sprites, posting sprites here for people to view and use is pointless, the main purpose of this forum is to learn, not to borrow.
Thanked by:
Fine I understand that. But like I said, it's your choice to use them or not. (I Didn't care anyways.)

Might I say though, thanks for the tips and help anyways I really appreciate it ok?
Thanked by:
I'm going to stop posting after this because bumping this thread would be pointless, but I'll try and clear things up.
We won't use it, no one visiting will use it either. This forum is for the most part for learning, if you only want to share your works use something like deviant art.
Old works are especially useless even more so with edits, we can't help you with them.
Though I don't think its in the rules,
Please don't post old works, if you post something you are expected to want to improve it, otherwise you'll just get a stream of people telling you its problems then the thread dies and slips past the pages of threads unnoticed.
Thanked by: Gors, DioShiba, Garamonde
Also to add what bombshell said before the thread dies: Getting all defensive over your works, old or not, is a really bad way to get yourself attention.

We don't like arguing with those who think we're attacking their work. We're not here as judges or anything like that and you shouldn't treat anyone whose giving you criticism or advice like that. You also shouldn't accuse us of not knowing any better than you do because it only makes you look like an ass. EDIT: No one is perfect, but we're all at different skill levels and some times listening to others who know a thing or two does help. Even the best spriters and artists have their share of criticism and they don't get all defensive about it.

We aren't here to drool over everyone's work and see it as something special. Sure we can like certain works but our purpose here is to help each other on this board. Don't like that, then you should have lurked a bit and looked at other threads before you bothered posting this.

And there's the truth for you.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: