Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My Custom Sprites
Okay, so I used to make custom sprites, but halfway through I always give up somehow. I've decided to start again, however, without giving up. On new custom sprites that I can make... I think.
I've made one, currently. Might make more... I'm sure I will, though. Hope you guys can tell me what you think of it!

1. Zero Two (02) - Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Yeah... that's it for now. I'm going to try and make more if possible, so... I hope you're looking forward to it!
... Maybe.
[Image: 7190517.gif]
Thanked by:
haha the first examples one looks really cute!! Cute

it's so huge!! the spikes on the green thing could have more contrast the colors look alomst the same! Wink
Thanked by: RegisteredAccount
[Image: ycSCW.png]

A few hints towards shape and shading as well as jags resulting from circle tools.
Checking 02-images on the net, he's more round than stretched sideways. The shading shouldn't be so thick on the sides for a top light source.

Generally, I'd advice you to work waaaaaay smaller. THis thing is really huge and for graphics of that size, I figure vector graphics or 3D renders would be preferrable. Pixel art works better with smaller graphics where pixels actually matter. For large images, it's much harder to get good linework done on a pixel base. Otherwise, I'd at least drop the number of shades a lot and give it a more cel-shaded look, as at this size, the different shading lines just look weird to me. You can use in-between colours to anti-alias the two main shades, then.

PS: Oh yea right, the second one is a palette variation. Instead of pure grey, you can use tints of blue, green, yellow, whatever fits.
@Supa: Really? Thanks. Yeah, maybe they could've used a bit more contrast... or way more. Either way, thanks for commenting what you think about it!

@Prev: Okay, I admit it. I did use circle tools... Only that I cut half of it and edited some parts, but yeah. I know... Well, I would have made it smaller, but I just thought of making 02 in his original size... my mind's getting all crazy. Heh. Oh, and maybe I'll try editing again. Maybe to make it better, so you can see the new version... maybe.
[Image: 7190517.gif]
Thanked by:
before anything, learn to properly shade objects. focus on smaller objects because right now it seems like you're trying to achieve way more than you can really perform. as it is now, that is nothing but a bunch of shapes glued together.
Thanked by: