Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
models with doubles
Just wanted to put up a post about this because no one else has. This is for all you blender heads out there, but anyway I discovered last week the some of the modes on the site contained thousands of extra vertices as doubles. and the model set up 90 degrees counterclockwise. these two things made shape keying impossible. but if you remove the doubles, make the model symmetric, delete halve of the model, then mirror it, apply it, then rotate along the z axis until oriented as a default model. for me it was 270 degrees .Then hit control + A to reset the default orientation. finally recenter the origin. I like to select two vertices along the middle edge of the model where it's mirrored. Then set the cursor to selected, and then in object mode set the origin to the cursor. now the mesh should behave as expected. hope this helps a few stumped people, I know it sure as heck stumped me.
Thanked by: Friedslick6
okay did some more tinkering and all you really need to do is rotate the model in edit mode to be oriented like the default cube or have it's x axis line up with the global x axis. still I wonder what all the doubles are for. if anyone knows why tell me i'd like to know. might solve my deformation problems. cause I tell you new super Mario bros Wii models just won't work well the topology is awful.
Thanked by: