Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fuzzy Sprites
Well, hey there. New guy reporting in.

I have some things here, if you'd be interested in taking a look.
Not a lot to offer at the moment, but there will be more.

These are for a project I'm working on, which I'll make a topic for when I have more to show...

ANYWAY, here we go.

[Image: Jephspritesheet2_1.png]

[Image: redmanace.png]

[Image: Wolfgangsprites_1.png]
[Image: hammerspaceredteammk2.png]
[Image: FBLINK.png][Image: TWLINK.png][Image: MAINSITELINK.png]
They look pretty nice, your art style is lovably lanky. but is it intentional that the tombstone is a bit undershaded?
[Image: dariC.png][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
The tombstone isn't undershaded, it's fine. What it doesn't have is shading for the sake of shading, rather than shading to show the shape and form of an object.
have you proof-animated them when making those? Nonetheless, I really love the feeling you went for, it's funny and very expressive!
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
These look GOOD! Great work!! Big Grin
Thanked by: TopSpinTheFuzzy
(12-01-2012, 07:13 AM)Tae Kwon Doug Wrote: have you proof-animated them when making those? Nonetheless, I really love the feeling you went for, it's funny and very expressive!

I have!
I'll have to dig them up and throw them on here.

They're just done in unfreez, though, so they're not the best quality...

SupaBuddie Wrote:These look GOOD! Great work!! Big Grin
Hey thanks! Big Grin
Thanked by: Virt
Nothing better than new members with lots of personality in their work

I don't think I really have anything to say until we get to see them animated
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Awesome to see you here posting Spin! Glad to see everyone's liking it. Cute

And I'm loving it too! Big Grin
Thanked by:
I really like this style, and these are pretty clean sprites overall, but some of your transition sprites are stretch/skews aren't they?

I mean, they work as far as animation goes, but they seem unpolished and a little lazy to be honest.

[Image: itemboy.gif]

This animation in particular is fine, but the frames seem a little squashed, and as a result, it hurts the overall quality of the animation.

I'd suggest you go over these sprites, If you hadn't already planned on it, and clean them up so they have the same clean lines as your
other sprites.
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by: TopSpinTheFuzzy, Virt
(12-01-2012, 03:55 PM)TopSpinTheFuzzy Wrote: They're just done in unfreez, though, so they're not the best quality...

*cough*

These look fine as far as I can tell. However, you could easily reduce the colour count on some of these.

[Image: XS9IC.png]

Hair highlight -> skin tone, you have an extra shade for the skin used only below the eye, that one can be substituted with the darker tone from the nose. The bright blue of his sleeve can be replaced with the cannon's gray, the blue with the pant's blue, etc. Try to merge similar colours as much as possible, as the differences would go pretty much unnoticed anyways.
(12-01-2012, 04:41 PM)Previous Wrote:
(12-01-2012, 03:55 PM)TopSpinTheFuzzy Wrote: They're just done in unfreez, though, so they're not the best quality...

*cough*

These look fine as far as I can tell. However, you could easily reduce the colour count on some of these.

[Image: XS9IC.png]

Hair highlight -> skin tone, you have an extra shade for the skin used only below the eye, that one can be substituted with the darker tone from the nose. The bright blue of his sleeve can be replaced with the cannon's gray, the blue with the pant's blue, etc. Try to merge similar colours as much as possible, as the differences would go pretty much unnoticed anyways.

I thought I had fixed that shade under the eye...

But you do bring up some valid points on using similar colours, and I hadn't really considered that before, so thanks Big Grin

Also, I went ahead and animated the sprites as I figured they should look, and here they are.

Idle
[Image: jephidle.gif]

Basic Attack
[Image: basicattk.gif]

Spell Casting
[Image: manacanonv2.gif]

Hurt
[Image: hurt.gif]

Support Item
[Image: itemuse.gif]

Attack Item
[Image: oitem.gif]

Near Death
[Image: neardeath.gif]

Revived
[Image: revive.gif]

Moving
[Image: move2.gif]

Victory
[Image: winner.gif]

Fleeing
[Image: FLEE.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde
What happens when he dies? Does he disappear and the tombstone just magically appears out of nowhere? There should be an animation sequence for that.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: TopSpinTheFuzzy
(12-01-2012, 05:52 PM)Mighty Jetaku Wrote: What happens when he dies? Does he disappear and the tombstone just magically appears out of nowhere? There should be an animation sequence for that.

By God you're right! I never thought about that.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Virt
Love these a lot. Spriters like you make it worth waiting through all the Megaman recolors and Sonic fan characters. Tongue
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
(12-01-2012, 07:57 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Love these a lot. Spriters like you make it worth waiting through all the Megaman recolors and Sonic fan characters. Tongue

Thank you! That's a really awesome thing to say.
Thanked by: