Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Vote for your favorite~
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sevenstitch [Image: tiles%20wip.png]
47.83%
11 47.83%
Nonnie Grey [Image: gbhexagons.png]
21.74%
5 21.74%
Gaia [Image: SRuTE.png]
17.39%
4 17.39%
SupaBuddie [Image: kIkjY.png]
4.35%
1 4.35%
TorchMan.EXE [Image: kcFcV.png]
8.70%
2 8.70%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TSR Compo Vol. 9: Voting
Please vote for your favorite entry here~

(11-15-2012, 06:05 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: No one made one yet, I, one of the runner-ups, am here to save the day.

The theme of today: Enviroments.

The rules:
-The subject must be an asset or collection of assets that can be used for an enviroment. That includes tilesets. Think trees, rocks, plants, water, clouds, the list goes on. Stuff like faces on hills like those from Mario are allowed.
--The entry MUST contain atleast one asset or tile. However, a single tile is very unlikely to win the competition.
-No characters, animals, monsters and the like allowes. Again, things like faces on hills are an exception.
-Backgrounds are allowed, but not mandatory.
--You are allowed to make a mock-up, as long as it focusses on the asset and/or tiles. Of course you'd have to arrange the tiles to make a proper mock-up, so it doesn't have to be an actual tileset, as long as it shows it's from a tileset. Mind that it's a waste to only use a part of your tileset for your mock-up, so either efficiently distribute every tile on that mock-up, or just show the tileset.
--Backgrounds* are primarily used to demonstrate the assets and/or tiles. You are not to be judged for the background*. (This is also sort of a rule for the voters)
--*A background made of tiles (Example: 32x32 repeated cave wall or SMB clouds and hills) count as tiles. Assets and tiles can be placed freely in a 'room' to design/create a level, while a background cannot.
-There is no size restriction, except that tiles in tilesets must be squares of multiples of 8 high and wide. (A 56x50 tree for example would fit in a 64x64 square, so that doesn't matter)
-Color limit is 16, including transparency. That goes for the entire work, including backgrounds and everything. Not per tile.

How creative is your enviroment? Remember that grassland isn't the only type of enviroment there is.

What are you waiting for? Get landschaping!

Due date is extended to Monday 26th of November.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
its so obvious who won this one its not even fun.
Thanked by:
Yeah, it's a bit sad the compo didn't get so much entries.
I was curious how the best handled applicable assets and tiles that are not the usual mushroom and ?-blocks instead of the usual character pixel-arts.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by: Sevenstitch
I wish more people would have entered this one, it was a lot of fun. It put me out of my
comfort zone, like Nick just said, but that's what was fun about it. I guess most of us
newer guys (myself included) are daunted by tile work. I mean hell, most of
my entry is straight lines. I wish Nonnie had used the palette to its max, that entry would
have really popped with some color.

I hope more people enter the next one.
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by: Garamonde