Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pixels of Nash the Mutt
Decided to post some sprites made from scratch. These are for a game that I'm might be able to have made once the guys at my job were experienced enough to make such a thing.

Might post the sheet soon.

[Image: Stance.gif]
Stance
[Image: Run.gif]
Run
[Image: Jump.gif]
Jump
[Image: Climb.gif]
Climb
[Image: Punch.gif]
Punch
[Image: AirKick.gif]
Kick (midair)
[Image: Guard.gif]
Guard
[Image: Hurt.gif]
Hurt
[Image: Death.gif]
Death

And yeah, those were small (around the size of 8bit megaman), but it made it easier to crank up animations at such sort notice.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; ....I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein
Wow, your animations are really smooth and nice to look at.
As for actual crit., I'm not sure about the contrast on his pants... I think it could do to be a little bit higher, like the darker brown on his face.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Doc Melonhead
His punching/walking/jumping/hurt animations seem stiff, as if a magical invisible rod is impaled through his body, holding it at a 90 degree angle.
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

(11-21-2012, 11:39 PM)Zabadabenabadaba Wrote: His punching/walking/jumping/hurt animations seem stiff, as if a magical invisible rod is impaled through his body, holding it at a 90 degree angle.

I think it's mostly because I use the same body part for most of the sprites. I might have to make a new body base for the jump and the uppercut.
here's he is at all angles:
[Image: Rotate.gif]
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; ....I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein
Thanked by:
the punch animation lacks range. In a game, this means you'd need to be uncomfortably near an enemy for the attack to connect. Increase it a bit more to give the 'player' more breathing space.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Very impressive animations! I agree for gameplay reasons those arms should stretch longercor the fist should grow bigger like Mario's fists do.

Atleast for just one frame. It will go fast enough that people won't notice the change much and it will seem more like an effect rather than the limbs changing size.

I might fix the punch attack with the hit box illusion/effect similar to Noitu Love 1. Graphic wise, I ran out of space to extend the punch (32x32).
Albert Einstein
Thanked by:
Hey these are cool! The aminations are so smooth!! Good work!
Somewhat Nash the Mutt related:
[Image: th_Main.png]
[Image: th_Curves.png]
[Image: th_sidewalk.png]
They're arranged like that to make it easier to extract tiles and put them together.
Albert Einstein
Thanked by:
Closeup of Nash's face
[Image: NashAvatar.png]
Albert Einstein
Thanked by: Bombshell93, Garamonde
I'd be very interested in seeing the designs (assuming you designed the character before spriting) that mug shoot is really nice!
as for crit his shoe on the midair kick seems to have turned into a floppy pancake XD
Yeah it reminds me 90's video game characters. Always a good thing to me.

Sick of seeing those space marines and tight pants wearing-

*Ahem*

Yeah looking good so far!

Once again, thanks for the Critiques.
Here some textures for the tiles (all in chocolate flavor)
[Image: TextureA.png]
[Image: TextureB.png]
[Image: TextureC.png]
Albert Einstein
Thanked by: Bombshell93
top 2 to the left look good for mud / general dirt
2nd from the top seems a bit noisy and fine detailed, given the style of the character it may be better to stick to things like the 4th one down.
the ball looks like a disk than a boulder, is that your intention?
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: