Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
AC III
Alright the last topic obviously wasn't productive. I don't know if any of you are are playing this and I haven't seen a topic so far. So hopefully someone other than me is playing this, and we can discuss things.

EDIT: As a general rule of thumb spoiler tag anything that may ruin the plot. Many AC players really like the way the story twists and turns and no one wants that fun spoiled. I haven't finished the campaign either, and I would appreciate not knowing how it ends before I reach it.

I have some issues with the writing and the way the entire order is being presented in this game. I understand that
. But I can't help and feel that Conner isn't exactly what I hoped for in a hero. I may just be too much of an Ezio fan though. He just feels a tad superficial and lifeless at times, although that may be the voice acting. I'm really nit picking here though, I really enjoy the game.

The main differences I can see so far with the overall game play, especially in the online mode is that there is no real drive to climb buildings anymore. You're in 1770's America, architecture really hasn't blossomed too much city-wise so you basically are stuck with wooden two story houses to climb and a few apartments in the more populated areas. This doesn't change overall game play campaign wise if you didn't like to climb buildings in the first place (but come on, who doesn't?). While the online suffers from this. "Suffers" might be the wrong word. But it truly does change the strategies one can employ (at least it changed mine). While in the previous games' online modes I found myself stalking my targets by roof top and air assassinating them, here I don't have that luxury. Now I'm more or less forced to more strategic crowd hopping, and lurking about the shadows to find victim. Not that I don't enjoy this, it's a nice change of pace but I would've liked to have seen a few maps that really allowed you to go back to the rooftop stalkings, I almost don't see a point in air assassinations, because it's painfully obvious you're a player sitting on ledges. At least in the previous games you weren't as noticeable because you were significantly higher up than the civilians and other players.
Thanked by: Previous