Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Genjin 2 (AKA Super Bonk 2)
This is my FIRST rip ever, I have ripped Normal Bonk's sprites from the game. I ripped them because they looked SO SMOOTH!!!Surprise This is what i found in the Rom.
[Image: jujm01.jpg]
I dare not assemble this because SO.. MUCH FRAMES!!!!Embarassed All i know is the head goes on the correct frame of body.
That moment when you realize your account is 6 years old.  Ouch!
Thanked by:
[Image: 3148brs.jpg]
I have now ripped tiny Bonk! Thank god there is no assembling.Smile
Thanked by:
Are you planning to assemble him? The RAM would allow you to look for unused stuff, but at the moment it's unusable.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: Ton
Yes I will assemble him, and his other forms. I am working on normal Bonk right now.Tongue

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS USED FOR?!?!Surprise It has a body and head and side head but i don't know what it's used for. Could it possibly be unused?[Image: notxlw.jpg]
Thanked by:
Well it's obvious. He's picking his nose.
Thanked by: Ton
Where do you think it's used? A idle animation? He only looks at the player and smiles.
Thanked by:
If you can't find it you can simply label it as unused.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
It's not necessarily unused, you just haven't encountered a scenario that uses it.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
Here is what i got so far! Big Grin
[Image: 357nk7t.jpg]
Thanked by:
I need help on the idle animation, he has a head i can't find!
Thanked by:
One problem with ripping solely from tiles is that you lose sight of where the animations actually come into play in context. What's more, sometimes an animation consists of mirroring a few tiles or mixing two sets of tiles together and then swapping positions. Really you have to play through the whole game and try to do everything you can to figure out what happens where, otherwise you might be left guessing.
Thanked by: Ton, Garamonde
(11-18-2012, 12:16 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: One problem with ripping solely from tiles is that you lose sight of where the animations actually come into play in context. What's more, sometimes an animation consists of mirroring a few tiles or mixing two sets of tiles together and then swapping positions. Really you have to play through the whole game and try to do everything you can to figure out what happens where, otherwise you might be left guessing.
I looked frame by frame using pause in my emulator and then assembled it that way, however when i did it for the last frame of jumping, i had to screenshot it from the game and replace the palette as it looks like in the sprite sheet's palette. So maybe i have to do the same thing this time.
Thanked by:
What about the face left to the bug-eyed one?
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
Thanked by:
Bug Eyed?

UNUSED ALERT (I hope)
I have found a unused image (I think)!
[Image: a08ooz.jpg]
Now if you know your Bonk games correctly, this was shown when you hit your head on something solid. Now I found there was a completely new one in place! But this one was still in the game's graphics. It was shrunken down and "repaletted". This could mean that the developers meant to use this one instead, it takes up a chunk of space.

The comparison [Image: 2wmkzll_th.png]

EDIT: My mistake, it was part of the hitting head on something solid sprite.
Thanked by:
Under the set that looks like he has black hair.
Thanked by: