Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprite Sheet
What is the proper way to add your sprites to a sprite sheet to submit?
Thanked by:
You can use one of many image editing tools. I personally use GIMP, but others like Photoshop and Paint.NET should work. I'd recommend something that uses layers, so that you can move the sprites around while you're arranging the sheet.

However, while making the sheet you should comply to the Sprite Sheet Guidelines. You'll need to follow these if you want your sheet to be accepted.

But in essence, there is no "proper way" to make a sheet. As long as you can get your sheet looking like those on the site, any method you use is fine.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde, Shade
I use the paint which was on the computer and put the sprites on it, you can move them after selecting them (just don't put them one above the other!!) and then I try to place them in groups so they are organized! SO you can have every character sprites in a group and maybe even sort by different actions like walking or jumping? Big Grin

I am making a rip and i will be finished soon! Cool
Thanked by: