Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Wreck it Ralph
I figured I'd make a new topic since the movie is out.
I just got back from a midnight show. It was fantastic. It didn't really cater to gamers. There were a lot on in-jokes, but none that would ruin the movie if you don't know the culture well.
Overall, it was a really clever movie. Lots of heart. I can't wait to see it again. Click spoilers for some references.

[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Shade, Baegal
Will avoid this topic like the plague. Film doesn't come out until fucking FEBRUARY next year in the UK. It's ridiculous.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Previous, redblueyellow
Welp, it's their loss. I was gonna go watch this at the cinema with my girlfriend, and probably buy it on DVD later if it was decent, but now the only option they've left me with to see if before February is to torrent it. GG Disney.
this is a sig

Thanked by: Dazz, Gaia
Aww, that sucks, guys. It's really worth checking out. Especially for people like us. It's my favorite animated movie since Rango last year.
Thanked by:
Going to try and convince some of my roommates to go see the movie with me. Been looking forward to seeing this movie for a while now. Tongue
[Image: WwmoM3d.png]
Currently working on: working and wedding planning
Thanked by: Baegal
Going to go see it later with a friend! He's got a couple passes so we don't have to pay for tickets.
Thanked by: Baegal, Marth
Going to see it tomorrow. We tried getting tickets to see it today but alas.
Thanked by: Baegal
saw it today

could have made better use of video game licenses but still good
Thanked by: Baegal, soulcaliburfan
I also saw it today, I would definitely recommend it to everyone else as well.
Love: Camo
3ds fc: 4296 3475 9143
Thanked by:
(11-02-2012, 06:27 PM)Amon Wrote: saw it today

Disagree. That's like watching Roger Rabbit and wanting more Mickey and Bugs. They were in there to help create the world as background elements. It builds on them.
(11-02-2012, 11:26 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote:
(11-02-2012, 06:27 PM)Amon Wrote: saw it today

Disagree. That's like watching Roger Rabbit and wanting more Mickey and Bugs. They were in there to help create the world as background elements. It builds on them.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I think it actually helps that they didn't focus too much on pre-existing characters for the story and everything, but still added plenty of jokes and charm for people who "get it".

I really loved this movie though, I would absolutely recommend everyone here check it out when they can.
Thanked by: Marth, Crappy Blue Luigi
I've been following this movie once more info came along. Here, in Australia. For once, we get a Disney film not in January. It comes out in Boxing Day, instead.
Shame they couldn't get Mario and Luigi to appear in it, as Nintendo was asking for a huge fee. Greedy bastards.

I also wonder how it will do in the Box Office. There's Rise of the Guardians, in certain countries, on the same month. Plus The Hobbit is not far away.
But this is the holiday movie i'm looking forward to.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by:
(11-03-2012, 01:31 AM)dolphman Wrote: Shame they couldn't get Mario and Luigi to appear in it
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
Gonna see it later today.
[Image: H4KAm.gif]
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
(11-03-2012, 09:27 AM)Baegal Wrote:
(11-03-2012, 01:31 AM)dolphman Wrote: Shame they couldn't get Mario and Luigi to appear in it

Unfortunately, that isn't Mario.

[Image: TapperGameplay.png]

He is the Barkeep from the arcade game Tapper, and later Root Beer Tapper.

That would be one of my old favorites. Glad to see he found a way into the movie.
[Image: 22610_s.gif]