Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Disney aqquired Lucasfilm for $4 billion
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/201...4-billion/

So what do you expect to happen in Marvel vs. Star Wars vs. Disney vs. Capcom?

On a serious note though I think this is great actually. Chances are Disney could help Lucasfilm make pretty damn good films and hopefully a sequel trilogy. I mean, Disney has a reputation for making good movies as of recently so this might be better than expected.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
pixar and lucasarts are one again
Thanked by: Tellis, Marth
[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqlTi7lkhY[/video]
Thanked by:
This is weird 'cos i was at Disneyland Paris with my girlfriend a couple weeks ago, and I was saying it was weird that there's so much god damn star wars shit everywhere when it's not even a Disney Franchise.
There's the star wars ride, the huge replica of the millennium falcon, and fuckin' loads of star wars merchandise, including disney/star wars crossover shit i.e mickey mouse holding a light saber.
this is a sig

Thanked by:
Well this surprised me. Makes you wonder how they'll handle Indiana Jones as well. (After how crazy/messy the fourth one was)
A new trilogy? Dunno what to say about that one, other than being interested in how it''l turn out.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by:
@Woppet, indeed, Disney parks already have Indiana Jones and Starwars things. They had them 10 years ago even.
I'm guessing the main change here though would be that Disney will be able to more directly influence the Lucasarts IPs.
Thanked by:
well, at least lucas cant hurt star wars any more.
Hopefully disney will release the original trilogy on bluray without the new shit, and in decent quality.
this is a sig

Thanked by: Gwen
In before Indiana Jones sequel starring Shia LeBouf
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Gaia
I'm not worried at all, Avengers was pretty nice, John Carter was as well and Disney makes good movies as far as I'm concerned.
I can't remember where I read it, but they announced they'll be working on 7, then 8 and 9 the following years.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
The pirates movies were okay I suppose.

I'm just more worried about disney being notorious for punishing fanwork. This includes wookieepedia, and maybe ther slight increase that disney might force squeenix to do "that".
Thanked by:
So i guess the clone wars animated series will either be getting cancelled after its current season ends, or moving to the disney channel.

Hope this doesnt disrupt 1313 in any way.
this is a sig

Thanked by:
Kingdom Hearts III
Now including Luke Skywalker!

I can see this already, LIGHTSABER KEYBLADES BISHES.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
Exactly how it happened when Disney bought Marvel!

(It didn't)

By the way lightsabers in KH were already a thing by 2, heh

[Image: 299243-truexemnas_2.jpg]
Thanked by: Sol
Who will Disney buy next Nintendo, Ghibli, SEGA I dunno???
Thanked by:
(10-30-2012, 09:56 PM)Amon Wrote: Who will Disney buy next Nintendo, Ghibli, SEGA I dunno???
Hopefully Capcom. Maybe they can sort that mess after they're done with Star Wars.
Thanked by: