Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help? please? BIN Files
Information 
HELP!!
Okay I want to rig jet grind radio models from the Dreamcast but I have no clue how to extract the files from the .nrg!
I extract the jet set radio future models and such but I really want the Jet grind radio models! Can someone please help? This is really important.
I just really wanna have these models q-q
Thanked by:
Unless you can find some documentation online, there is a chance that nobody has figured out the format yet. Doing a quick Google search tells me that .NRG is a Nero disc image format. You can probably find a program to extract the contents, but then again you run into the same problem: there's a good chance that the models themselves are in a format that nobody has figured out yet.

If this turns out to be the case, there's not much you can do outside of taking a crack at it yourself. Figuring out new formats isn't easy, and is quite time consuming. I don't recommend asking around for people to help you figure out the format. You may get lucky, but you will usually be met with a negative response, if not warned/banned.

I wish you luck in this search, though. I know how it feels to really want a certain game's models, believe me.
Thanked by:
next time, deviantbleedgal,
please do not make 3 threads asking about the exact same thing
it just creates spam on the forums
just be patient and wait for someone to reply, thanks
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Well I gave up on the .nrg file.
I found a .CDI File of the game,would you possibly know any means to extract that? o.o
Thanked by:
Google does, just search for CDI extractor and you'll get a bunch of programs that are supposed to be able to extract DiscJuggler CD-ROM images (.cdi), you'd have to try which ones actually work for yourself, though.
Thanked by:
if u have .nrg format (iso) u can convert it into .iso format with free programs like imageburn. The iso image format is more simple to open than the .nrg .

PS: There is already a tool that extract almost everything from this game. Anyway if u are interested only in the 3d models of the characters there is already a pack with the models on the web in obj format on the web.
Thanked by:
There is one for jet grind radio??
Or jet set radio future? I already have the future models.
If there are JGR Models I must find them :'D
Thanked by:
jet grind radio (ntsc) = jet set radio (pal , jap) . The old link of that pack is down now, so i try search on my pc if i have. Without any image of the models in the pack i'm not totally sure that they are from jsr or jsrf. I will take a look.
Thanked by:
Wink 
Okay Thanks!! Cute
Let me know! X3
Thanked by:
You can load up *.CDI images up with Deamon Tools. *.NRG may be loadable too.
And figuring file formats is one of the things I'm learning myself now. All I can say is that you'll need to find some kind of tutorial to explain the basics. And then alot of hex. But you also need to decide how you want to import (Maxscript, QuickBMS, Standalone converter, Python etc.

Alternatively you could try out a few print screen rippers on the HD re-release.
Thanked by:
Wink 
I havent been able to find anything on the HD release o.o
I looked forever!
But I got the .cdi to extract so its okay now Smile
Thanks!
Thanked by:
I have bad news, i didn't find the pack anywhere...sorry. The tool that said before, is for jet set radio future, that u already have.

Anyway I didn't understand if u have the dreamcast version or the HD remake for PC and xbox.
Thanked by:
I have the dreamcast version.
I extracted the raw files but im not sure how to extract an afs file so i can have the .bin files in it.
Thanked by:
I see, but i hope u know that a bit time ago sega released the hd version of jet set radio for PC and xbox. (I don't talk about jet set future).
This version have simply HD textures, nothing more. I say this because if u don't find a way to extract the afs from the bin files, a good alternative is the PC version to work on. It should be easier study that files because the pc ones are generally not encripted, and eventually u can ripp the models directly from the game using the 3d rippers.
Thanked by:
I couldnt find the HD version anywhere for download so I just decided to work with the dreamcast version.
q.q
Thanked by: