Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rip DS Music (SDAT:SSEQ/SBNK)
Question 
I have SSEQs and SBNKs, and I want to put them together. How
Thanked by:
Excuse me if I'm being picky, but unfortunately your post isn't really clear on what you want to acheive. "I want to put them together" isn't exactly the most elegant explanation.

If you're trying to put SSEQs and SBNKs in an SDAT within a DS ROM, I'm pretty sure Tinke can achieve that (by replacing existing files).
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
I want to rip the music and have it on my computer. I said in the title I wanted to rip it.
Thanked by:
Do you have the complete SDAT file, too? I know a program to extract music from those, but it does not take individual SSEQ / SBNK files.

VGMTrans (I have a version from 9.29.09 apparently), you can just drag&drop the SDAT into it, the program scans it and lists all music things at the bottom. You can then play them or export them as MIDI plus DLS. I don't know what to do with those, though!
When playing it with VGMTrans, you could record it with Audacity for example.
Thanked by: Corn Dogs
Thank You Previous Smile I now have the Midi and DLS files, but I can't figure out how to get Audacity to record audio output. I think I could use WinAmp with the out_lame plugin, if I could also get it to play the midi/dls files also. There's definitely a plugin for that, somewhere.
Thanked by:
Open Audacity, in the tool bar at the top, somewhere on the bottom right is a microphone icon next to a combo box; select "Stereomix" there so it will record what is playing (and switch to stereo next to it if the music is stereo).
Thanked by:
(10-25-2012, 11:34 AM)Corn Dogs Wrote: I said in the title I wanted to rip it.

Yeah, but you said in the actual post you want to "put them together", so I was confused.

I've found using the Nullsoft WaveOut Ouput plugin with Winamp to be pretty effective for converting MIDI. Audacity is pretty easy to use if you know how and is a good option too. Unfortunately the PC I'm on has no Stereo Mix at all (I've looked into it extensively) so Winamp is the only way for me.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Go to Control Panel, Sound, second tab ("Recording" or something like that, I have German Windows so I don't know how they call things, I blame Microsoft for not adding language selection options), right-click Stereomix and activate it.
Thanked by:
I knew you'd suggest that, that's why I mentioned that I looked into it extensively. I've done that, it isn't there. And yes, I have ticked "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

You've piqued my curiosity again though, so I'll look into it some more. Last time I looked I'd concluded I couldn't get it though.
Thanked by:
I am trying to use Audacity to record from Stereo Mix, but it records no sound. I have Stereo Mix enabled as my default recording device and Speakers as my default playback device. On recording devices, when I play the music I want, the green bars move like there is sound, but Audacity records no sound.

I'm googling a lot of guides for making this work with Realtek audio but nothing's working yet.
Thanked by:
(10-25-2012, 02:43 PM)puggsoy Wrote: I knew you'd suggest that, that's why I mentioned that I looked into it extensively. I've done that, it isn't there. And yes, I have ticked "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

You've peaked my curiosity again though, so I'll look into it some more. Last time I looked I'd concluded I couldn't get it though.

Check your audio card driver and update (or in rare cases downgrade) it, see if that helps.
Probably your device does not have that option at all (though that'd be quite unusual), but usually it should just be a driver issue.

(10-25-2012, 02:55 PM)Corn Dogs Wrote: I am trying to use Audacity to record from Stereo Mix, but it records no sound. I have Stereo Mix enabled as my default recording device and Speakers as my default playback device. On recording devices, when I play the music I want, the green bars move like there is sound, but Audacity records no sound.

I'm googling a lot of guides for making this work with Realtek audio but nothing's working yet.

Do you have the volume turned on loud? If the Windows volume is low, the recording volume will be even lower.
Thanked by:
I fiddled with the settings and I'm not sure what I just did but it's working now.

My settings:
set Speakers to Default playback Device
In Speakers properties, under Levels tab:
--Master (Realtek HD Audio output):100
--Front:50
Realtek Digital Output enabled, but not default
Microphone "Listen to this device" NOT enabled (other guides said to do this)
Stereo Mix Enabled, Default Device, Levels: 100
VGMTrans volume:100
Audacity playback device: Realtek Digital Output
-recording device: stereo mix

That's really weird. But it's working now
(edit: it was actually set to stereo mix all along. so i REALLY dont know whats up)
Thanked by:
Er... Tinke can open the .SDATs and export each sound file as a .WAV (but you have to export them individually). Exporting them as MIDIs kinda makes them not sound as they should even if you convert them I thought?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I tried Tinke and there was no option to do any of that.
Thanked by:
(10-25-2012, 04:22 PM)Mighty Jetaku Wrote: Er... Tinke can open the .SDATs and export each sound file as a .WAV (but you have to export them individually). Exporting them as MIDIs kinda makes them not sound as they should even if you convert them I thought?

That depends on the player or whatever you use. I used Winamp to convert Warcraft 2 MIDIs a while ago and it sounded pretty much exactly like the game.

And Tinke can't convert SSEQs or SBNKs to WAV, only stuff like SWAVs, SWARs, and STRMs (and maybe some others I don't know of). If it could do SSEQs and SBNKs then VGSC could probably do it too and then I would have suggested that Tongue
Thanked by: