Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fans Recreate Rockman Xover in Flash
Stolen from http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495482

http://www.rockmancorner.com/2012/10/fan...flash.html
Quote:Keen to try out Rockman Xover before it's released? Press Start, CutmanMike and Brotoad put together a little flash game that recreates the game's gameplay. It's an authentic imitation based on the small bits of footage we've seen so far. Click here to give it a spin! Go ahead and knock yourself out.

... Oh, you're back? Alright. Now you're probably wondering, "is that how the game will really play?" Essentially, yes. Here's some gameplay footage to compare.

Even if the final product turns out a smidgen better than expected, you've got to give the guys who made this copy some props. It's pretty neat in and of itself!

Thanks for the tip, Press Start.

Looks exactly like Xover. This was made in under 24 hours too.

Quote:[Image: n53UY.png]
[Image: adOwA.png]
[Image: yQ2rJ.png]
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Phaze
so when are they going to make a good game, though
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by: Gwen, Ngamer01, PrettyNier
I purposefully didn't post about Xover when it was revealed as the whole thing was just so depressing...

Ignorance is sometime bliss Viper...
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
I know I'm the only one, but

I actually don't think the game looks that bad.

Sure the graphics look like touched up SNES sprites, just like MMX iPhone, and I can't say I'm a huge fan of Mega Man Xover's new design (the fluffy stuff doesn't make much sense on a Reploid IMO), but at least it looks like the gameplay will be decent.

Of course that doesn't mean I plan on playing it (I don't have that kind of phone), I just think that while yes this is sort of a wasted opportunity, it could be worse, so.

Even though I know posting my opinion here isn't gonna mean anything because most people are hating on this since Capcom can do better but aren't for some reason.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Minus all the rage about Capcom killing Megaman, then announcing a new game that was just this (which is a really crappy way to celebrate an anniversary), the fact that MMX on iOS was just absolutely horrible doesn't leave much hope.

Also the graphics just look like one of those awful awful filters emulators/collections have which no one uses.

Not to mention that sure, the gameplay doesn't look bad - for a flash game. If this was some free mini game or something fine, but as something which wants my money, no way. As a way of celebrating MM, it's pretty insulting. Rayman Jungle Run looks far superior to this in every way.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
[Image: ZBWYS.png]

That feel when yet another great series is dying.
Thanked by: DioShiba, Gaia, Phaze, Ngamer01
The graphics in the flash version (aka the screenshots i posted) are the terribad filtered sprites from the MMX iphone port. Xover's real graphics are some horrible vectors that are argubly worse.

Goemar, did you play the flash game?
The game is an on-rails megaman game. It has pointless unloseable turn-based boss battles.
IT HAS AN AUTOPLAY BUTTON.
This is bad for flash game standards.

This isn't a case of "oh, at least we get a new megaman game". It's a case of capcom is trying to cash in on megaman by releasing a terrible game in which they put more effort into the menus than the actual game itself.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Lemonray
(10-13-2012, 12:00 PM)Mr. Heiniebottom Wrote: [Image: ZBWYS.png]

This, 1000 times this.

It's almost like an insult to long time fans of the series when Capcom knows their only doing this for the money, not for the game it self.

this was pretty much my reaction to the two canceled Megaman games just because Infaune left, and I don't blame him! He's put up with Capcom's bullshit for a long time now I'm wondering why the fuck he didn't do it any sooner.

That being said, it's one of those moments where I kind of wish Nintendo bought the rights to Megaman from them instead because despite the fact nintendo hasn't been doing well, they still at least let some of their second party companies like Game Freak have creative control over what they do with their games. Which is why Pokemon still hasn't died on me just yet which is pretty fucking fantastic if you ask me. That said if Inafune wanted to start his own game company under Nintendo and if they had the rights, it would be really great in my opinion.

shame it's just wishful thinking.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(10-13-2012, 12:00 PM)Mr. Heiniebottom Wrote: [Image: ZBWYS.png]

Reminds me of few other great series that died (I'd say thanks to this new age in gaming, not to mention independent developers giving official companies a run for their munny, and consistently making fun of this series instead of helping it move forward on all fields as some of these satires seem to get more aggressive by the year, but whatever), that some of us here can name off the top of our heads.
Thanked by:
Okay, this "Game" is horrid. Megaman aside, even if you were to replace the Megaman skin with something else,
It's still one of the blandest fixed-tempo rail-shooters I've ever seen.

I'm no Megaman fan, In fact aside from the first Legends game, I don't really care for the entire series, but that
pathetic attempt of a game is just embarrassing. Capcom really wants their name attached to this, but not a
true addition to the Megaman franchise? They would rather slog out half-ass phone games then put real effort
into something that could make real money?

Fine. Just one more reason why gaming will hit its bubble, and the market will burst all over again. You think that
everyone would have learned from Atari and Colecovision in the 80s. You can't provide an influx of games that no
one wants to play. If you do, you run the risk of losing customer appeal, you lose profit, and eventually you go
bankrupt. It doesn't matter how big you are, no company is invincible.
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by: Gaia, Ngamer01, Omegajak
THIS IS IT WE ARE NOT BUYING CAPCOM GAMES EVER AGAIN
And then Ace Attorney 5 appeared and everyone was happy again.

Again.

(Sort of).
Thanked by: Ngamer01, Marth
(10-13-2012, 03:55 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: That being said, it's one of those moments where I kind of wish Nintendo bought the rights to Megaman from them instead because despite the fact nintendo hasn't been doing well,

Wait, what do you mean Nintendo hasn't been doing well?

Thanked by: Gwen, Garamonde
Keep on topic.

This is horrible. Let's get angry about a company making a thing that they probably got one guy to make and are just promoting it to make some cash.

But seriously, this is bad. And it's exactly what I expected the new game to be. The fact that there's an auto play button demonstrates how shitty it is and how much it has no challenge.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Gaia
(10-13-2012, 08:47 AM)Mighty Jazzers Wrote: it looks like the gameplay will be decent.

Blank

Other people already chimed on this for me but... you can't be serious. I'd say it's probably the worst thing yet and that's impressive considering the iPhone MMX.
Thanked by: