Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Torch's Sprites
Well, I finally did it, I got off my lazy ass and made myslef a spriting thread
[Image: M7YlZ.png]

Im going to do everything you guys tell me to do.

Also this sprite was made a few weeks ago so its not exactly fresh, Its just that I want C+C on every individual sprite, so yea...

C+C please txs everyone Smile
Love : Previous(2)(3), Trollerskates(2), Nicktendo DS(2), Hiynastrike, ShadeDBZ(2), Recolorme, Sevenstitch, SupaBuddie,

Thanked by:
Try moving the head a bit more forward
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
Thanked by: Candel
[Image: O4BZA.png]
?
Love : Previous(2)(3), Trollerskates(2), Nicktendo DS(2), Hiynastrike, ShadeDBZ(2), Recolorme, Sevenstitch, SupaBuddie,

Thanked by:
For starters, your lineart is fairly wonky. I'm not sure what you're going for with the character, but the actual lines need some reworking. The arms and shoulder parts, for example. With the way you have it, your character appears to have no neck, thus making it look like his shoulders are coming out of his chin. The lines are also unrefined.
[Image: jaqS7.png]
You have 'A', when you should have 'B', generally speaking.
this image, courtesy of the Spriting Dictionary, also mentions clean lines.
[Image: curved_jag.gif]
I'm not sure entirely how to explain this, sorry. I hope this helps in some form!
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: Candel, Garamonde, BynineB
[Image: eO5Px.png]

Hey, it looks better now, thanks guys Big Grin

BTW I should mention that he has a bandana around the neck/mouth thing that gangasters in movies always wear.. and that the thing on his chest is something like a pounch to store his knives and his weapons, basically, hes an old man as a weapon master and a mentor...

Thanked by:
I'm not a fan of your shading, either. Your colours are very close together and only have a difference in luminosity, which is unappealing; try instead to contrast them far more sharply and note that as a general rule, highlighted things are yellower and shadowed things are bluer. The shading also follows the body in a manner very unlike clothing, rather more akin to wood - just look up some actual jeans, shirts, etc as examples.

Good luck!
Thanked by: Candel, Virt
Hey.

No.
Step 1: Change that thread title.

With that attitude, you'll never make good sprite. Plus it just makes it seem like your fishing for sympathy.

Second off, I think you should pretty much start over, Look at the anatomy and give him a more natural pose and avoid using completely straight lines. Another thing would be working on the shading, he looks alittle more like plastic than fabric.

also that color you used for skin is the worst color of all time .
THIS IS MY DESTINY.
Thanked by:
You've got too many straight lines going on. If you look at a human body, you'll notice that there's really not any straight lines at all.

I don't expect you to become an anatomy master overnight, but try to learn about it so you'll get there eventually. Try looking at how legs look in life, and how other people sprite legs. Try understanding the shapes of heads and arms better, as well as proportions. Right now the legs look shorter than the body, but it should be the other way around.

Don't feel overwhelmed by how much there is to do, just try it one step at a time and improve what you can. I know learning anatomy for the first time can make you feel lost and confused. That's totally normal, just observe what you can and give it a try and we'll try to help. Keep going!

p.s. look at this
http://www.stanprokopenko.com/blog/2009/...any-angle/

in particular please note the part about splitting the head into thirds. Right now you've got the eyes really far up. ...Are those sunglasses? Sunglasses aren't diamond-shaped
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: Candel, Garamonde
[Image: 0Wyhb.png]
better?

I made a different anatomy?
im still not sure how to shade jeans, as therye are not much reference to that :X
I also need help with the left arm

can someone please help?

Thanked by:
I think the thing that sticks out to me the most is the legs. Legs aren't big rectangles, they have a shape and joints. The feet don't point in different directions, either. I wish I could find you sprite references but idk at the moment. Try looking at drawings and photos if you have to, or browse around on the main site.

In fact, look at photos of people holding guns as well. Those arms look rather uncomfortable. The way the hand bends compared to the arm (our left) seems unnatural. Whenever you're not sure about a pose, especially when your grasp of anatomy's not quite there, try doing it in the mirror or looking at reference pictures. And like I said before, the legs should be longer than the torso, but right now the torso's longer than the legs.

Those shades of black are reeeaally close together. If you have your face a normal distance away from the screen, you won't be able to tell the difference between them (if you can, but have to think about it in order to tell them apart, then that's still probably not good). In cases like that, you either need to change the contrast a whole lot or just get rid of a few shades. The other shades could use some contrast and hue shifting as well. When I first started out, I copy/pasted some official sprites in paint and checked out what kind of color values they use to get an idea of what colors work well.

I'm afraid I don't have time to be of more active help right now, but I'm glad to see you're taking risks and still trying.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: Candel, Garamonde
[Image: WlE3H.png]
SO MUCH BETTER

but I have still trouble with the the arm (our right)

Thanked by:
try adding more shading to the face
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
Thanked by:
I dont know how to shade the face. For that can someone show me an edit Shy

Thanked by:
i'd sugest you tos top right here and make your own study based on some sprites. as tedious as "study" may sound, its basically a quick way to gather some ideas on how you can develop your own sprites.

by this however i am not sugesting you to make edits, but rather, simply gather sprites from a game you could like, and then see if you can make something new based off them.
Thanked by: Candel
the changes are visible from a pic to another, but yeah, I'd suggest to stop doing sprites and go study them instead. Another media, such as drawings of people, proportion stuff, color theory are also a good thing to have. Without them, your pixelart will not look good no matter how hard you try. Please take your time, study, draw and then pixel. Remember, 'quality' is more important than 'speed' and 'quantity'.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Candel, Garamonde, Iceman404