Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disney fighting game
This is a stage based off of Mt Olympus from Hercules. What's bad about it? What can I do to the background to make it better? How can I make the gates fit in more?
Please be as brutally honest as possible, I'm willing to accept all C+C Smile

You finally made the thread! Big Grin
My gosh you're really good. Surprise
The only crit. I have ATM is, how come there isn't anything in the daytime background, like clouds or maybe other structures?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Virt
The gates appear to be too far apart because the door parts don't look long enough - maybe fade them into the background to make them seem longer or make them broader?

The jigsaw transitions of shades ont he bottom forground things look weird, especially since everything else goes without any dithering in any way.
Thanked by: Garamonde
Its also that there are randomly gates there leading to no where, which makes the thing look really eerie,

Also as previou said, the gates are too far apart/too short
Love : Previous(2)(3), Trollerskates(2), Nicktendo DS(2), Hiynastrike, ShadeDBZ(2), Recolorme, Sevenstitch, SupaBuddie,

Thanked by:
The gates lack detail try adding Greekish/Romanish Swirls to them
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
Thanked by:
What could be useful is adding some of Mt. Olympus' residents. It's always been a known rule to have a crowd in fighting game backgrounds in some stages.
Thanked by: Virt
Oh impressive! Is there like a day to night transition or um, I don't know how it works but it looks great.

Thanked by:
(10-06-2012, 06:04 PM)Previous Wrote: The jigsaw transitions of shades ont he bottom forground things look weird, especially since everything else goes without any dithering in any way.

Previous, there is dithering at the top of the pillars.
Thanked by:
This is awesome! Do you have a roster ready?
For the background, you could have shooting stars for night, the Apollo comes by to make it day time, and... something else could happen.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Virt, Perseus
A roster that's gonna be hard to do. There are 52 animated features... and then there are movies like Mary Poppins which is a mix of real life and animated. Then there are the cartoon shorts and TV series... what is this limited to?

Thanked by:
Hopefully just the animated canon.
Thanked by:
From what he's told me he's probably going to have Ariel, Peter Pan, maybe Aladdin and some others.
Thanked by:
Omg Ursula. Omg Jafar. Omg Hades.

Beast.
Thanked by:
Some movies are pretty hard to have a fighter from.. Like Snow White or Cinderella. However you could definitely have a stage to fight on from those movies.

Like the Wicked Queen's Magic Mirror Chamber.

It's hard for me to imagine Ariel on the battlefield, since she's a mermaid. Unless you are giving her legs... but then that takes away what made her special.

Thanked by:
Off the top of my head, 20 that would be awesome;

Aladdin, Jafar, Hercules, Hades, Mulan, Beast, Ursula, Dr. Facilier (and shadows), Peter Pan, Hook, Robin Hood, Tarzan, Simba, Kida, Rapunzel, Maleficent

Secret: DOR-15 (And Bowler Hat Guy), Wreck-It-Ralph, Stitch, Sorcerer Mickey

EDIT: Also, gotta make some of those trademark Hercules curly clouds.
Thanked by: