Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Exporting Multiple Animations with Noesis
I'm not sure if this is well known, but I haven't seen it anywhere on this site, so I'm posting it here.

The BRRES viewer can export the animations for a model in separate PSA files. These can be dragged and dropped into Noesis so that they are applied to the model. Noesis can then export the animation along with the model. Unfortunately, only one animation can be applied at a time in this way.

There is a way to get Noesis to load any number of animations for a model. In the export screen, there is a text box labeled "Advanced Options". Here you can enter any of the "Advanced Commands", which can be shown by pressing the "Advanced Commands" button. The command for loading animations is the aptly-named -loadanim, and is followed by the name of the animation file. So if you wanted to load three PSA files names named Anim0, Anim1, and Anim2, you would enter:
Code:
-loadanim Anim0.psa -loadanim Anim1.psa -loadanim Anim2.psa
If you export your model as a collada (DAE) file and open it in blender, you while find one action timeline with the three animations one after the other. You will have to manually split these in blender (or in whichever modeling software you use).
That's pretty cool. I wonder if Noesis could spit out an animation information file, similar to the way Quake's engine distinguishes models.
Thanked by:
(10-02-2012, 03:16 AM)Friedslick6 Wrote: That's pretty cool. I wonder if Noesis could spit out an animation information file, similar to the way Quake's engine distinguishes models.

As far as I know, none of the commands do this, so I doubt it is possible.
Thanked by:
Hi Xpilot, thanks a lot fot this tip, I didn't know it.

However, I tried several times with different animations and everything and I can't make it work.

I see "Loaded 'xxx.psa'. But then nothing.

I tried both exporting from preview and normally, but it never loads more than one animation (without from preview, it exports no animation).

I don't think is a problem from blender .dae importer since the file size when using -loadanim is always the same as exportin with no animation.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks
Thanked by:
(11-09-2012, 02:01 PM)Bastien Wrote: Hi Xpilot, thanks a lot fot this tip, I didn't know it.

However, I tried several times with different animations and everything and I can't make it work.

I see "Loaded 'xxx.psa'. But then nothing.

I tried both exporting from preview and normally, but it never loads more than one animation (without from preview, it exports no animation).

I don't think is a problem from blender .dae importer since the file size when using -loadanim is always the same as exportin with no animation.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks

Can you give me a transcript of the output of noesis when you run it? If you're not sure what that is, try running it from the command line.

Also, is the file size any different with -loadanim?
Thanked by:
Per our chat it seems that the PSA animation don't work, seems like only MD5anim format can be exported using -loadanim, but it's fine since BRRES viewer can export those as well.

So great, thank you!
Thanked by:
That is interesting. I was doing the exact opposite, namely using an md5mesh file along with multiple psa animations. For some reason, it seems that noesis doesn't want to load psa animations with psk models... although I've done some testing, and there are other combinations that also fail (dae + psa, for example). All we know is that md5mesh + psa and psk + md5anim both work, which is good enough.
Thanked by: