Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Or something, hello.
Just dumping some things I found at another board okay.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185309' Wrote:Pokemon: Mysterious Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labrynth

- due out this Winter in Japan (2012)
- start off as a character who turns into Pikachu as you fall into a dream
- Partner Pokémon are Oshawott, Axew, Snivy & Tepig
- full 3D
- standalone title (not two versions)
- features Pokémon from Unova such as Gurdurr, Hydreigon and Virizion
- receive Quest Requests from Dunsparce
- Cofagrigus runs a store
- Rampardos runs the Treasure Store
- Kecleon returns with the Goods store

Sounds like the same old story, though, hehe.
Thanked by: Garamonde, redblueyellow
Knew a 5th Gen. PMD was coming soon. Figures you'd be Pikachu though, pfft.
One thing about that though is you're going to run into type disadvantages a lot and you're not gonna have much variety in helpers (only Snivy or Oshawott for Ground Types) and Pikachu is horribly weak anyway. I know from experience, certain Pokémon you just struggle more with throughout the games than others (I got stuck with Cyndaquil in PMD2, I kinda regret it heh).
They better not have made it so you can't evolve until you beat the game again though because it just makes the game way too hard and next to impossible with some starters.
Either way looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(09-13-2012, 10:13 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Knew a 5th Gen. PMD was coming soon. Figures you'd be Pikachu though, pfft.
One thing about that though is you're going to run into type disadvantages a lot and you're not gonna have much variety in helpers (only Snivy or Oshawott for Ground Types) and Pikachu is horribly weak anyway. I know from experience, certain Pokémon you just struggle more with throughout the games than others (I got stuck with Cyndaquil in PMD2, I kinda regret it heh).
They better not have made it so you can't evolve until you beat the game again though because it just makes the game way too hard and next to impossible with some starters.
Did you consider maybe thats why the character/partners are set in stone this time? That way they can make the game based around the type of pokemon you are/are with to avoid any situations where it's nearly impossible to continue. I'd assume thats what they were going for anyways but I obviously can't say for sure.
Thanked by:
Looks like our PMD sprite rippers will be taking a break.
[Image: 27348983yu7.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde, redblueyellow
maybe we actually get to recruit pokemon and change leaders

because if not this game sucks ass
Thanked by: Tellis, Gwen, Baegal
Yeah, the personality test to decide what Pokemon you were in the game was my favorite part of playing Blue Mystery Team... taking out the choice of various Pokemon as you and your partner kinda ruins the fun for me, despite the possibility of being screwed in certain dungeons with certain leader/partner combos.
Thanked by: Baegal
(09-13-2012, 03:10 PM)Chaoxys Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 10:13 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Knew a 5th Gen. PMD was coming soon. Figures you'd be Pikachu though, pfft.
Did you consider maybe thats why the character/partners are set in stone this time? That way they can make the game based around the type of pokemon you are/are with to avoid any situations where it's nearly impossible to continue. I'd assume thats what they were going for anyways but I obviously can't say for sure.

No I hadn't, but I'm sure it's still going to be hard because Pikachu is one of the weakest Electric types.
Either way that was really just getting all those peeves out of me and not much else, eheh.
Well this is....disappointing, to say the least.

I really don't like the idea of your team being set (Am I the only one who wanted to be a Scraggy? Come on ;~;), which is dumb because the partner choosing part was kind of the best part of the games.

The second best part for me was probably the sprites, which isn't here either. I dunno, I always feel that 3d games are too "floaty" or nonresponsive for these types of games. It's like Kirby Super Star and Kirby 64: everything seemed to move really slow in that game. I think the sprites made it more rigid, if that makes sense?

Also, this finally moving to the 3ds to me makes it much more likely that the next pokemon game will be all 3d, which would really bother me, especially if they start the trend with the RSE remake.

If this game doesn't let you recruit pokemon and/or be able to find all 649 I'm going to be very irritated.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: Garamonde, Tellis
No Baegal, you are not the only one who wanted to be Scraggy.
Thanked by: Baegal, Gwen, Tellis, Virt
I wanted to be a Zorua, but they killed my hope for the game. I really was hoping for something more from this TBH.

Not being able to actually have different many Main characters on different playthroughs was kind of what I liked the most in PMD. Welp, they pretty much killed the basis of the game.
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

im pretty sure you will just be stuck with these guys through the first half of the game

otherwise theres no point in new pokemon if you can't use more than 5
Thanked by:
(09-13-2012, 07:31 PM)Angel Plague Wrote: Welp, they pretty much killed the basis of the game.

The basis of the game is really exploring dungeons, but the different starters was a large asset I agree.
Thanked by:
(09-13-2012, 07:41 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 07:31 PM)Angel Plague Wrote: Welp, they pretty much killed the basis of the game.

The basis of the game is really exploring dungeons, but the different starters was a large asset I agree.
Yah, I see where your going with that, though the many different starters & partners set it apart from other dungeon crawlers.
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by:
I'm actually happy they're finally moving to the 3d models, but what they're doing with the game with being stuck with no choice on who you want to be is killing it for me.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde
YES. Really happy to see a 5th gen PMD game, and it'll be a nice change to have 3D models. Ripping from those games was quite the project, heh.
[Image: WwmoM3d.png]
Currently working on: working and wedding planning
Thanked by: Garamonde, Gwen