Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gameboy Color Infrared help
There are games that use infrared signals to unlock special things. Take Bomberman Max, for example. there are special areas that require an infrared signal to access a bonus level. since the data is already on the ROM, is there any way to bypass that thing?
Thanked by:
Actual hardware or are you talking emulation? If emulation, there may be gs/par codes that code unlock/bypass whatever you want to do.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
(09-10-2012, 07:07 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: Actual hardware or are you talking emulation? If emulation, there may be gs/par codes that code unlock/bypass whatever you want to do.

Emulation.
Thanked by:
Okay, but he already said what you could do if it was for emulation. I don't know what gs/par codes are myself, so you should search for that.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Gameshark/Pro Action Replay, there could be codes that may do the job.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
Thanked by: Garamonde, Goemar
In the case that you can't find codes for the game you want, TGB Dual can apparently emulate the GBC's infrared linking function. Not sure how much this helps in the case of Bomberman Max (since I don't think that specifically linked rather than just received a signal), but apparently it allows you to do the Mystery Gift thing in Pokemon Silver/Gold.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(09-11-2012, 04:01 AM)puggsoy Wrote: In the case that you can't find codes for the game you want, TGB Dual can apparently emulate the GBC's infrared linking function. Not sure how much this helps in the case of Bomberman Max (since I don't think that specifically linked rather than just received a signal), but apparently it allows you to do the Mystery Gift thing in Pokemon Silver/Gold.
Thank you for the suggestion, but it didnt work. Yeah, it needed a signal, and since you suggested it, im guessing it only works for linking between two emulators only.
Thanked by:
Did you load two ROMs?
Thanked by:
(09-11-2012, 03:56 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: Did you load two ROMs?
Didnt work. let me explain. in bomberman max, both versions, there is a special tile in some of the levels. when you get on the tile, it asks for an infrared signal or something from an infrared object, most likely a remote. there has to be a code for crap like this, because it is on the ROM itself!
Thanked by: