Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I am the terror that flaps in the night
[Image: 20p38mw.jpg]

Idk, got bored with this before too long so idk if I'll finish (at least not right away).
I hope you do finish. It looks really cool, especially for THE [NOUN] THAT [VERB]S IN YOUR [PLACE].
Thanked by:
Glad you like it. I kind of wanted to make a mock up of some sort of Darkwing styled fighting game, or a platformer or something, idk. If I wasn't so busy with other projects, not to mention work and other irl stuff, I'd make more.
Thanked by: Ton
I'm not sure of the dark blue background is a good choice for what is going to be a purple character Wink

It looks like his hat branches out to the viewer's left far more than to the right. I think it should generally be wider and less high.

I think his cheek fluff was more round than pointy Tongue
Thanked by:
Heres a slight update. I didn't change the height of the hat because, idk, I just felt that it was about right to begin with. It is a pretty large hat in the show.

[Image: dytbpi.jpg]

I also rounded out the cheeks.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Tellis, Kami, Gwen
Im a hardcore fan of Darkwing Duck so i more than thank you for such making an awesome sprite like this xD

Can't wait to see the finished product
Thanked by:
(09-05-2012, 11:39 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: Glad you like it. I kind of wanted to make a mock up of some sort of Darkwing styled fighting game, or a platformer or something, idk. If I wasn't so busy with other projects, not to mention work and other irl stuff, I'd make more.

Oh I'd like to see a Disney fighter myself. Heh seeing Darkwing and Scrooge MacDuck duke it out would be hilarious and awesome!

Thanked by: Garamonde
(09-06-2012, 05:26 PM)Koopaul Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 11:39 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: Glad you like it. I kind of wanted to make a mock up of some sort of Darkwing styled fighting game, or a platformer or something, idk. If I wasn't so busy with other projects, not to mention work and other irl stuff, I'd make more.

Oh I'd like to see a Disney fighter myself. Heh seeing Darkwing and Scrooge MacDuck duke it out would be hilarious and awesome!
Honestly, I already had a full plot made for a DW based fighting game (based on the episode where Negaduck used a gem to steal the other villains powers and give them to himself).

Anyways, I'll try to finish this sprite at some point, after which I may make some single sprite for other characters if I have enough time.

EDIT- It's funny that you'd mention Scrooge because in the game idea I had, he'd actually be playable.
Thanked by:
Design tip 101

I don't know anything about Darkwing Duck other than being a superhero-type of guy. Even then, I suggest you keeping the pointy cheek feathers. Why?

Pointier shapes give the feeling of "fast" and "dangerous". By making them curvy and fluffy part of his impact as a hero is lost. Imagine Sonic with round quills, for example.

Such details need to be considered when making your rendition of a character.

tl;dr - Keep the pointy cheeks, it looks cooler that way
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Zadaben, Gaia, recme
(09-07-2012, 06:20 AM)Crappy Green Gors Wrote: Pointier shapes give the feeling of "fast" and "dangerous".
Well then, lets get dangerous.

Anyways, I may keep the pointier version then, although having details that somewhat take away his heroic look would also be fitting considering how often he goofs up.
Thanked by: Gors, Vipershark, Garamonde, recme
Darkwing Duck!

[Mod Note: Please put more thought into your posts as we already know it's Darkwing Duck.]
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
Thanked by:
(09-06-2012, 11:05 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: Honestly, I already had a full plot made for a DW based fighting game (based on the episode where Negaduck used a gem to steal the other villains powers and give them to himself).

Anyways, I'll try to finish this sprite at some point, after which I may make some single sprite for other characters if I have enough time.

EDIT- It's funny that you'd mention Scrooge because in the game idea I had, he'd actually be playable.

Oh that's kind of strange. I know Scrooge and Darkwing are a part of the same universe, but that would be like putting Superman in a mostly Batman centered game. You either make it DC Universe fighter, or a Batman fighter...

Um what were we talking about?

Thanked by:
(09-13-2012, 10:01 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Oh that's kind of strange. I know Scrooge and Darkwing are a part of the same universe, but that would be like putting Superman in a mostly Batman centered game. You either make it DC Universe fighter, or a Batman fighter...

I know, right! It'd be almost as weird as putting Sonic or Snake into a Smash Bros. game.

Anyway, yeah, I think Gors is right about the sharper cheeks. One thing though; Darkwing's mouth actually extends a bit past his bill, onto his cheeks. Not sure if you'd want to replicate that.

[Image: darkwing_duck.jpg]
Thanked by:
(09-13-2012, 10:01 PM)Koopaul Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 11:05 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: Honestly, I already had a full plot made for a DW based fighting game (based on the episode where Negaduck used a gem to steal the other villains powers and give them to himself).

Oh that's kind of strange. I know Scrooge and Darkwing are a part of the same universe, but that would be like putting Superman in a mostly Batman centered game. You either make it DC Universe fighter, or a Batman fighter...

Well it was more inspired from Persona 4 Arena which is a fighting games based around Personal 4, but uses a handful of characters from 3 (Persona 4 being an indirect sequel of Persona 3 (in terms of plot and what not) which is how I view Darkwing to Ducktales).
Thanked by: Keiang
A fighter? That would be awesome! You could do DW, and Launchpad, and Megavolt, and Liquidator, and Quackerjack, and Bushroot, and Negaduck, and Steelbeak, and Gizmoduck, and Morgana...

I'll see myself out.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: