Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poke'mon/Earthbound Connection
Cool Hey guys. So here's an interesting theory: In Kadabra's Poke'dex entry it states: "It happened one morning. A boy with extra sensory powers awoke in bed; transformed into Kadabra." Hmm... Could that boy have been Ness? If so than perhaps Ninten is Abra and Lucus is Alakazam. What do you guys think Question
Video Games are bad for you? Surprise That's what they said about Rock and Roll! Big Grin
Thanked by:
No.
While it's an interesting coincidence that the boy had extra sensory powers, it's most likely just a coincidence (although a lot of people find similarities between pokemon and Earthbound, but I think they're a tad Farfetch'd).

As for the Abra and Alakazam part, that makes no sense whatsoever. The only things Ninten, Ness, and Lucas had in common were the franchise they were in.

[/reading too far into it]
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
Unless someone can find and translate the entries from the Japanese games (looks like Emerald and Fire Red), it might have been a localization choice. The fact that Abra and Alakazam don't have any entry that mentions being human sort of puts that into question.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
(09-05-2012, 03:52 PM)Baegal Wrote: Farfetch'd

This pun is a connection/reference to Sengir and I will read as far into it as possible.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: Baegal, Maxpphire
Here's another 'strange' connection. Very few people know this but every Nintendo RPG is connected, for example...

Play Link's Awakening on the GB (has to be the original non-colour version and on the original GameBoy) and as soon as the Nintendo "ting" happens throw it up into the air and catch it with your head.

Play EarthBound on the SNES and as the title screen fades in run head first into your TV.

Go into a bad neighbourhood and tell every large angry looking guy they like it when Pikachu tickles their balls.

All these things lead to pain. Coincidence? Hardly! Sneaky Nintendo... very sneaky...
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
(09-05-2012, 08:15 PM)Iceman404 Wrote:

This pun is a connection/reference to Sengir and I will read as far into it as possible.

Shoot Shoot, the secret's been leek'd, Baegal! I guess we'd better stick to the truth!

(i've overdone bird puns in general so idc to make those)
i'm pretty sure the only things earthbound and pokemon have in common is that they were licensed by nintendo and developed by creatures inc
Thanked by: Baegal, Iceman404
And Mewtwo is Giegue.
(09-05-2012, 08:24 PM)Sengir Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 08:15 PM)Iceman404 Wrote:

Shoot Shoot, the secret's been leek'd, Baegal! I guess we'd better stick to the truth!

(i've overdone bird puns in general so idc to make those)
Even if you find making bird jokes Unfezant, I think they're a real Hoot(hoot)! Then again, most of the time I'm just winging it, so they may Natu always make too much sense.

(sometimes I can't help myself)
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
(09-05-2012, 08:24 PM)Sengir Wrote: (i've overdone bird puns in general so idc to make those)

yeah you probably should leaf the puns to me, after all, for the topic to branch off it wood be much easier to make tree puns
Thanked by: Zadaben, Sengir, Baegal, Maxpphire
(09-05-2012, 08:24 PM)Goemar Wrote: Play Link to the Past on the GB (has to be the original non-colour version and on the original GameBoy)

Beg pardon

did I miss something here

How do you play SNES games on the Game Boy I know it works the other way but this?

Someone enlighten me and teach me how to do this magic.

Also the original A Link To The Past had colours. Not the nicest, sure, but they were there.
Thanked by:
You might want to look at the sentence after that.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
Why EarthBound on the SNES sounds viable to me
Thanked by:
(09-06-2012, 01:51 AM)Previous Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 08:24 PM)Goemar Wrote: Play Link's Awakening on the GB (has to be the original non-colour version and on the original GameBoy)

Beg pardon

did I miss something here

How do you play SNES games on the Game Boy I know it works the other way but this?

Someone enlighten me and teach me how to do this magic.

Also the original A Link To The Past had colours. Not the nicest, sure, but they were there.

Long day Previous?
... nothing to see here, more along.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: