Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TerrorMario! 2
Burger 
TerrorMario! 2 is the name of a fangame i am currently working on. It's a kind of minigame collection a la WarioWare.

Just recently i finished a demo of the game, submitted it to MFGG and it got received quite well. Getting a score of 8 out of 10.

[Image: 15vs4o.png]
(pogoluigi, one of the minigames)

This demo includes:
-20 minigames, all with multiple levels
-All custom graphics made by either me or Guss(from MFGG)
-3 Gameplay modes: Terrormario, Free play, Endless mode

DOWNLOAD LINK:TerrorMario! 2 download page

So yeah try it out, and tell me what you guys think of this game.

BTW: TerrorMario! 1 can be found here
Thanked by:
I think hotlinking to MFGG was not a good idea; the image does not show. ("You don't have permission to access /preview/2/Naamloos1344163352.png on this server.")

The intro screen (with "PRESS SPACE") has the background music unevenly on the left/right channels, it's really weird (I use headphones).

A pause function would be neat. At least in between mini games. I sometimes get important chat messages I can't leave waiting Tongue

I noticed some of these have rather bad collision check. The could jumping for example where he also gets thrusted upwards when hitting coulds from the side/below or the coin catching game where coins also get collected when they land on wario's head or waluigi hits them with his butt.

The simple graphic style is kinda charming, though!

Some of the games are standard repertoire, but some seem quite creative. Keep up the work Smile
Thanked by: WiWa
A lot of my criticisms from the first installment still apply, such as the strange jumping controls via up on the keypad rather than assigning it to a button. In certain situations its fine, in others it feels a little awkward. Also the strange usage of music that is from games other than Mario, such as Saturos' theme in the Popple game and the song of storms in the Chomp path game. Here are my overall feelings:

+Pros
>A lot of the new games are really fun.
>More new games than reused old ones. Always a plus.
>I like the I'm on Fire graphics style, as well as the game itself.
>CanonMario 2.0 is fun, reminding me of that difficult Super Mario Land 2 stage with the angry stars in space just a little.
>The Scarecrow game is fun and an interesting concept for a defense minigame.
>Making a minigame in the style of a Super Mario world map was pretty clever.
>I enjoy the magikoopa minigame. Reminds me a lot of when I used to play Samurai Kirby a lot.
>I'm not sure if you changed anything, but it seems harder for me to kill Antiguy in the Teapot minigame immediately, which was a crit I had on the first game. If you actively changed something, good job. My only other suggestion is to give General Guy less health, maybe as little as one hit.

-Cons
>Odd music choices from other games. The themes SOUND fine, but when you know where they are from they seem out of place.
>Not enough questions in the Quiz game.
>I know it would be harder to program, but I wish the Endless Mode worked for games like CanonMario and the Chomp games.
>I wish there were more difficult variants of certain games, such as in certain WarioWare games where there is an easy, medium and hard difficulty of each game.

Overall, decent enough for me to get a chuckle out of. Nothing groundbreaking, but I had fun.
Thanked by: Candel, WiWa
First of all thank you guys for playing, really it motivates me a lot!

And as for TomGuycott's comment: I was hoping some people from the first game would come back and check this one out.:]
Thanks for all the +Pros you mentioned by the way!
But yes i tried to improve almost all games from the previous one, and threw out the one i thought were not fun enough to stay.
As for the jump button, this is something i could consider if more people feel the same way, but this could be fixed easily though.
The other cons, for the question minigames and the difficulty levels will be fixed in the next demo, since i'm addind a level 2(medium) for al the games and will add some more questions to that minigame. no prob ;]

And i wish could make an endless version of all minigames but some would be a hell to programm as you already said. I will try however....

And thanks previous for mentioning those things, i never actually thought about programming a pause menu, but it's certainly possible. I also look to the other problems you noticed in the game :]
Thanked by: