Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I try to design things
So, I have little to no artistic talent, but I'd like to think I can at least try and contribute something, so I'm trying to do a little bit of design work for my personal projects.

My first one's called "Lune," and it's basically this online network for school news I'm trying to put together. I've tried to design a logo that somehow incorporates a moon into it, but I've been struggling a bit. Here are some of the designs I've tried so far:

I'm really torn on which one looks best, but I really like the one where the L is embedded in the moon. Some C+C would be excellent!
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by: Strasteo
I personally like the third logo best.
It may look odd, but what if you made the L black instead of white?
like this?
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: ThePortalGuru, Baegal
That actually looks fantastic! Yeah, I knew something was missing.
Thanked by:
I suppose I could throw in my few cents.

The first looks like "Caun7" rotated 180-degrees.
The second like "CLune."
The third design is the most appealing in my opinion, and further enhanced by making the entirity of the L black as Shiyadezubuzu did.
The last one seems to not work for me due to how short the name is. If the name was something longer or even two-parted having it obscure the moon might work, giving the feel of clouds obscuring the crescent, however "Lune" doesn't feel like a large enough cloud on its own.

Hope it helps or gives you ideas.
Thanked by:
I'm sold on the third at the moment! Think that'll be the one I go for initially.

To keep this thread going, I've uploaded A couple of recent designs I've made for this theatre company I work for. Again, criticism's welcome! I'm always looking to improve my design skills! (Logo not by me, but this awesome artist friend I have)
Thanked by:
Looking at these, I'm gonna have to mention something that comes up in graphic design way more than you might think, I know how hilarious it is but I assure you I'm totally serious, when you're fleshing out an idea for a logo you have to look at it objectively and ask yourself; "how much does this look like a penis?"

No seriously, look at the first two for a second and you'll see what I mean, the third one not so much, and the fourth one is fairly safe so long as you don't have any obvious horizontal lines to the right of it.
Personally I'd go with the fourth one and maybe add an extra circle around the whole thing, keeping the crescent and text central to it, should keep it nice and separate from anything around it and would make it look a bit bolder and more defined.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by: Gwen, megaMasquerain, Guy
So this is a thing for a thing.

Which looks better? The one with or without the letterpress effect?

C+C welcome, as always.
Thanked by:
I'd say without.

Also I'm not sure how much I like the cloud casting a shadow, it seems really off to me
Thanked by: ThePortalGuru
Yeah, you're definitely right. I like this version without it much more. It's more consistent than the one with the shadow.

[Image: WcVxp.png]

EDIT: Christ, the kerning between the "W" and "o" is unacceptable. Tweaked version below:

Thanked by: Sengir
Yes, the spoiler'd one is great.
Thanked by: ThePortalGuru
Messing around with things.

[Image: uMvjO.png]
Thanked by:
Get rid of the drop shadow. It's unnecessary. Keep things simple.
Thanked by: Previous, ThePortalGuru
I did that pretty much right after posting that, actually. Also added a small thing to get the logo's point across a little better.

[Image: 3Wq0g.png]
Thanked by: Mabelma, Sengir, Shade, Guy, Zadaben
[Image: IaVi0.png]

#mainstreem
Thanked by:
[Image: 7iMqv.png]