Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Real Life Smash Bros trophies
[Image: 674x501_655302_534911_1345356197.jpg]
[Image: 674x501_655302_534912_1345356203.jpg]
[Image: 674x501_655302_534913_1345356219.jpg]
ignore the base

I've got a whole bunch of Smash Bros. fixed and lined up to be printed. Samus was just a prototype.[/size]
Any interest in these?
http://www.shapeways.com/model/655302/ba...0e6b0bdbd2
Thanked by:
Wouldn't it be better to use multicoloured sandstone prints to preserve textures?
Thanked by:
The company can't print OBJs, and there's a lot of fiddling around with the model to make it printable. I'd basically have to retexture it.
Plus I use these for a tabletop game. To keep it in scale, printing in sandstone would lose too much detail.
Thanked by:
While I have little use for it, that's a pretty awesome use of the site! Big Grin
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Ton
Why for you not use the trophy stand as well?

If you want to extract it yourself, you can find it in sc_adv_gameover_en.pac (in the menu2 folder on your disk). Using BrawlBox, it will be in MiscData[4], with the name 'DolStand'. You'll probably want to get the second copy of the model out of there, though. Dunno why it's doubled, but it is.

Further, I don't think 3D printers can do color at this time (would be awesome if they could, though).
Thanked by:
Paint it! Tongue
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Previous
Quote:Maximum filesize: 64 MB. Supported filetypes: DAE, OBJ, STL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV, WRL, ZIP. ZIP may contain all supported 3d files and textures. Textures files(GIF, JPG, PNG) are only available for color uploads(WRL,X3D,X3DB, X3DV files).
What you sayin' bro?

http://www.x3dom.org/?page_id=732
Thanked by:
Wow...that's pretty cool! How big is it, and how much did it cost to have that company make it?
Thanked by:
WRL is an easy enough format to texture...
[Image: 25825fe29366d84bedb13527a90ab8ca_1M.png]
And it looks high quality to me. >_>
Thanked by: Virt, Ton
With the recent flux of Model based love in the tSR community, it makes me wish I had the money to make a set of tSR character figurines and make like a board game out of them >_>
Thanked by: Ton
My figure is all of 1.5 inches tall, and would come up to the knees of the alien pictured. Minimum wall size for multicolored sandstone is 2 milimeters. Minimum wall size for pictured is 0.7 mm. It also allows for twice the level of detail. MAYBE Bowser would come out right, but the rest of the characters don't have enough volume to even be printed in sandstone.

I have the file of the Smash Stand, but it adds over a dollar to the cost. Maybe in the next run.

I did add a small, cheap stand for some.
The camera is crappier in these pictures, but they're just as detailed.
[Image: 674x501_662070_538508_1345600786.jpg]
[Image: 674x501_658880_538506_1345600752.jpg]
[Image: 674x501_662071_538507_1345600768.jpg]
Thanked by: Virt
Ah, okay. I understand. The models still come out looking great, and you could apply some silver paint to really bring out the details in a trophy-style.
Thanked by: Ton, Virt
Those look pretty neat! Can't wait to see what other trophies you'll do!
Thanked by:
I haven't printed more of them yet, but they're up on http://www.shapeways.com/shops/CatKillen

Right now I'm trying to get 3D Ripper DX to run with my computer to rip Melee models... Getting "Failed to initialize Direct3D" when loading. Any help?
To clarify: Dolphin runs fine. Launching it through 3D Ripper DX gets the error after selecting a game.
Thanked by:
Looks pretty snazzy! I recommend finding a way to export to VRML (.wrl) format, as it is definitely worth it. Video game models that aren't super high-poly don't hold up well without their textures.

And remember, this is the Model's Resource! Thanks to our Brawl project, we already have every single Trophy model on the site, along with the base.
Thanked by: