Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
DS "Models"
So I plan on ripping sprites from a DS game, unfortunately it has that pseudo model sprite thing going on. That isn't very descriptive so here an example of the game.

http://www.feplanet.net/sprites-archive-...ns/11/3156

I`m not sure on the policies on these things. So can I put em on a sprite sheet or are these not accepted in general?
Thanked by:
If they are prerendered, they're acceptable. So if they are actually 2D images in the game which have been created from a 3D model beforehand, they're okay. In the other case, being actual 3D-models in the game, they'd go to tMR.
Thanked by: puggsoy, Garamonde
Alright. I`ll scour the ROM in search of model files. Though I think they are pre-rendered. Thanks Previous!
Thanked by:
I seem to remember the game being a bit weird with its graphics handling... Previous would be a huge help I think, but, it's up to him. I'd love for us to get these on tSR.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Uuuugh.

I've looked through the rom and can say that these graphics are prerendered and in the rom as 2D images. However.... the data format they use is plain awful. It is a complete mess with tiles at irregular offsets and I couldn't resolve anything in order to put them together properly.
So unless someone else has cracked that mess, I suppose they require emulation-ripping.

The overworld sprites are a different story, those should be fairly easy to rip from rom data, given a tool that takes negative palette offsets Tongue
[Image: CTsz9.gif]
(08-13-2012, 07:31 AM)Previous Wrote: Uuuugh.

I've looked through the rom and can say that these graphics are prerendered and in the rom as 2D images. However.... the data format they use is plain awful. It is a complete mess with tiles at irregular offsets and I couldn't resolve anything in order to put them together properly.
So unless someone else has cracked that mess, I suppose they require emulation-ripping.
I should probably ask the FE12 translation team to see if they have anything seeing as both games use the same file formats.

Quote:The overworld sprites are a different story, those should be fairly easy to rip from rom data, given a tool that takes negative palette offsets Tongue
[Image: CTsz9.gif]
By ROM data you mean using Tile Molester or something like it, right? I`m hopeless with these things.
Thanked by:
(08-13-2012, 01:50 PM)canasniimehugh Wrote: By ROM data you mean using Tile Molester or something like it, right? I`m hopeless with these things.
By ROM data I mean...
I've got these overworld sprites covered. All converted to PNG and now I glue them onto a sheet.

Basically a tile molester approach, except that I use my own software... took the NBFxReader core and made a program witch basically batch-converted these specific ones as they're all following the exact same rules.
Thanked by: Garamonde
(08-13-2012, 01:54 PM)Previous Wrote: By ROM data I mean...
I've got these overworld sprites covered. All converted to PNG and now I glue them onto a sheet.

Basically a tile molester approach, except that I use my own software... took the NBFxReader core and made a program witch basically batch-converted these specific ones as they're all following the exact same rules.
Cool stuff. Thanks Previous.

I`ll start screen capturing the animations soon. Wink
Thanked by: Previous
HOLD YOUR HORSES

[Image: ZVtXO.png]

There I done did it

I managed to plug open the compression. I started with the mugshots in the /sf/ folder and looked at the pixels and hex values for about two days without any success. I implemented some LZ10 decompression in a program and could get the battle backgrounds, but these things here use a different compression. Magic 0x40, I assumed a special form of some LZ stuff. Turns out it wasn't!
What they used for the mugshots and battle animation frames (in /b/) is some zero redundancy compression - a series of zero Bytes (0x00) in the data get replaced by a single zero Byte followed by a byte giving the amount...
The battle animations are in some container format I just managed to understand.
This basically means I can enhance my FE:SD converter program so it can read the raw files, decompress the parts in question and output the frames as PNGs. However, I'll have to leave for the rest of the day. I'll see if I can work on it during the train rides, though!

Afterwards, we'll basically be able to batch-convert all these animations, I suppose! Yay!

PS: Mugshot automation is done. Next up are the battle animations... heh!
Previous you are a magical person.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Previous
*throws captured animations out window*

Yay! You are awesome Previous. No wait. You deserve more praise than the word awesome, you`re astonishing, awe-inspiring, beautiful, wondrous, mind-blowing, and a helluva lot more. Thank you~
Thanked by: Garamonde, Previous
Yes there is only a single problem left which is puzzling the frames together after extracting them Smile

Currently, I could only add manual extra rules for each case but I don't want to. So currently, I look at the data and try if I can find anything that tells how pieces are put together.
If you need any help with that, I'd be happy to oblige. Although I won't be able to do much until next Saturday. Gonna Puke

Oh, and a question. Have you encountered spell animations? I could not even try to screen capture them as the screen would spew out a bunch of weird random graphics every time I used magic.
Thanked by:
Not yet, no. I focused on the battle animations after ripping some scenes and backgrounds - haven't even submitted my latest rips yet, heh.
I may look for them later, once I figured this out Tongue
Thanked by: Garamonde
Ha ha alright. No pressure, bro.
Thanked by: