Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TSR PIXELART COMPO VOL. 1: STEAL THIS SPRITE (8/5 - 8/12)
Alright folks! It's time for the first weekly pixelart challenge!
Do you know what that means?

We lay out the rules for the challenge.

This weeks "Theme" is Steal This Sprite, a relatively easy sprite editing theme that's built for beginners but with a bit of hidden edge to it for the more competent people.

How does this theme work? Well, back in The Days of Yore people actually had to deal with Sprite Theft as a thing that actually happened. You might see this in younger pixelart/ripping communities still, but I honestly doubt it.
How is this going to help you become a pixelartist? Alright then!

The Theme works like this, this week.

-You may use ANY sprite or set of sprites from both the Sega Genesis and SNES sections on TSR.
(http://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis/, http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/)
You take any sprite you want as inspiration, and have to remake it in either a different style, or completely overhaul it's design.
Feel free to take liberties with any current design, but you may not deviate from the palette.
-you can enter As many entries as you'd like but only ONE will be considered able for judging.

The subtheme in this week is working under another artist influence. How can you ever hope to work in the industry if you can't handle a design that isn't originally yours!
Get to it!
Feel free to post your work in this thread at any time. Link me to your completed entry as soon as you're completely finished.
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Count me in.
Also can we redraw the sprite in a larger scale? And does it have to be in the exact same pose?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Oh yeah, this'll be fun.

When you say "link you" to our entries, do you mean that we should PM you the links,
or post them here?
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by:
it's up to you, dude!!
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by:
Wait, are we supposed to not deviate from the palette of the chosen sprite? Or from a palette from the style we're adjusting it to?
Thanked by:
Character sprite!
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by:
Im joining
Love : Previous(2)(3), Trollerskates(2), Nicktendo DS(2), Hiynastrike, ShadeDBZ(2), Recolorme, Sevenstitch, SupaBuddie,

Thanked by:
I'm in also
[Image: mugen.gif][Image: 41583772.gif]

Love Gotta Have it:
Thanked by:
I'm SO in. I've attempted something like this before as a personal project, coincidentally (but failed hard), which was the RMZ+ project. Out of thousands of entries, I need to be clever this time, so no picking the obvious for me here!
Thanked by:
Yesh!

I'm iching to try out something new.

Edit: Also the SNES link is a 404.
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by:
Imma try. Sounds like fun!
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
boy, it sure is hard to open the actual website your forum belongs to.

fixed it!
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi
The ")" at the end is screwing up the link.

So it's still broken.
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by:
I like the idea! Are there any size restrictions, like respecting the size of the original sprite's canvas?
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL

Thanked by:
Since this is the first competition, I'm going to go ahead and say stay /close/ to it, but don't think it's a fuckin defined canvas.
I'd also like to put it out there, you can enter As many entries as you'd like but only ONE will be considered able for judging.
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by: