Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Might & Magic 4: Clouds of Xeen
Dunno why, but tSR has only MM6-8 sprites, which are badly rendered 3d models. So I publish some oldschool pixelart from earlier game. No portraits for now.

Interface
[Image: jOlXFfyM7UcNh.png]

Powers
[Image: jjpBdma3IAV2q.png]

Objects
[Image: jb0rS8RXjYpmRW.png]

Monsters
[Image: j1I5Efoqoz4S0.png]

Monsters Attacking
[Image: jbuqlomFR5MNcP.png]
Thanked by: Cyrus Annihilator
Can I ask you to please stop making new topics, and instead post these into a singular submission topic in the main submission board like everybody else?

Additionally, you really should try to think about how you're arranging these sheets. "Monsters" and "Monsters attacking" as an example is poor organisation; If somebody wants all the sprites for the slime monster, they have to now go to two different sheets...

Also, try to concentrate on one game perhaps, and completely rip that and organise it better before ripping a new game... If there's one thing I dislike on tSR it's games with only 1 sheet in them of something totally random.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Garamonde
(08-04-2012, 04:23 AM)Dazz Wrote: Can I ask you to please stop making new topics, and instead post these into a singular submission topic in the main submission board like everybody else?
Which one? Why wont you close these forum sections then?

(08-04-2012, 04:23 AM)Dazz Wrote: Additionally, you really should try to think about how you're arranging these sheets. "Monsters" and "Monsters attacking" as an example is poor organisation; If somebody wants all the sprites for the slime monster, they have to now go to two different sheets...
You are welcome to do a better arrangement. I'm not a big expert at this.

(08-04-2012, 04:23 AM)Dazz Wrote: Also, try to concentrate on one game perhaps, and completely rip that and organise it better before ripping a new game... If there's one thing I dislike on tSR it's games with only 1 sheet in them of something totally random.
That is a complete rip, beside portraits and tiles. If you like, you can rip them yourself. It will require just a little script in your favorite programming language.

For example, http://spriters-resource.com/pc_computer...index.html includes only monsters, while game has much more content than that.
Thanked by:
Gensym, these subforums are for infrequent submissions, or for large selections of rips from singular games. One sheet doesn't mean one topic.
If you're submitting a large variety, you might as well make your own topic. Complain, whine, it's advice that I suggest you take. Saves everybody time and effort.

I'm not going to rearrange your submission - we get about 50 submissions a day. I don't have time to do that for each sheet, this is a hobby. If I wanted to rip these myself, I would have done, but I'm ripping things that I want to. Because again, it's a hobby. It's fun.

I'm not saying this isn't complete, but some of your other submissions are. That game does only include monsters, but that's also well organised and has individual sheets as it should; There's 59 sheets in there.
If you don't want to do the arrangement, then it'd take you close to no time to just throw the rest into an organised mess as they currently are.
But I frankly am reluctant to upload content which is so poorly arranged. It makes the site look rushed and sloppy.

edit: For the record, these are fine. But the 2 monsters sheets is pointless...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
(08-04-2012, 07:56 AM)Dazz Wrote: Gensym, these subforums are for infrequent submissions, or for large selections of rips from singular games. One sheet doesn't mean one topic.
How large? How "infrequent"?

(08-04-2012, 07:56 AM)Dazz Wrote: If you're submitting a large variety, you might as well make your own topic. Complain, whine, it's advice that I suggest you take. Saves everybody time and effort.
How large? How varying? How saves?

(08-04-2012, 07:56 AM)Dazz Wrote: I'm not going to rearrange your submission - we get about 50 submissions a day. I don't have time to do that for each sheet, this is a hobby. If I wanted to rip these myself, I would have done, but I'm ripping things that I want to. Because again, it's a hobby. It's fun.
So why do you care? If some fan dislikes this formatting, he can rearrange and reupload it.

(08-04-2012, 07:56 AM)Dazz Wrote: I'm not saying this isn't complete, but some of your other submissions are.
I just havent finished uploading the rest of sprites.

(08-04-2012, 07:56 AM)Dazz Wrote: That game does only include monsters, but that's also well organised and has individual sheets as it should; There's 59 sheets in there.
Where are the sheets? I see only rar archives with separate frames inside. Is http://spriters-resource.com/community/s...?tid=20578 complete enough? You should already start burning people for incomplete uploadings or forgetting to put a mandatory tag or placing a wrong number items on a sheet and arranging them against your taste.

(08-04-2012, 07:56 AM)Dazz Wrote: If you don't want to do the arrangement, then it'd take you close to no time to just throw the rest into an organised mess as they currently are.
But I frankly am reluctant to upload content which is so poorly arranged. It makes the site look rushed and sloppy.

edit: For the record, these are fine. But the 2 monsters sheets is pointless...
whatever.
Thanked by:
Sheesh, calm down there. Just listen to suggestions and see whether you can conform to them. When you make a lot of submissions, a single topic is much more convenient as all your submissions are together and there's not many small threads cluttering the place while the organisation remains.

"Infrequent" submissions would be like mine; I put up some rips every other few months and I usually just drop a few from a single game.

Good formatting makes a good impression and an organized sheet is easier to use as single elements should be easy to find. Especially when you have many different things on a sheet and someone just needs a single thing, it is more comfortable. If you wonder why we care, TSR tries to serve contents in a user-friendly way as that obviously is what users like.

A last thing, it would be much more convenient for site uploaders if you would directly link the 100% images instead of the downscaled versions - saves one roundtrip per sheet. Icons would be really neat, too!
It's also alright when you just put the links there instead of embedding images, especially when they are rather huge. Genki ^_^
(08-04-2012, 03:56 AM)gensym Wrote: Dunno why, but tSR has only MM6-8 sprites, which are badly rendered 3d models. So I publish some oldschool pixelart from earlier game. No portraits for now.
Hello gensym, it1s because the engine of MM1-5 games are totally different from MM6-8, and I only found out how to extract from the later ones. Good thing you're ripping from the others, they have breat graphics!

(08-04-2012, 04:48 AM)gensym Wrote: For example, http://spriters-resource.com/pc_computer...index.html includes only monsters, while game has much more content than that.
Yeah, I had the other stuff extracted, but I left them behind... started to rip something else. Now I uninstaled the games and these submissions (from me) won't come soon.
And yes, they were submitted as compacted archives, I prefered that way due the variable size of the images (different from MM7 and MM8, which I made sheets for every monster). I wasn't in the mood to invest hours to make sheet, so I decided to submit that way.
This isn't a job, so we just do things that give us fun. That's why we (submitters) should organize our submissions to make the adms lifes easier, otherwise they won't be abble to upload them all.
You only finish a game when you rip its sprites.
Sprite sheet is a sticker album that depends only on your efforts to be fill.

[email protected] | twitter.com/Cyrus_et_al | facebook.com/cyrus.annihilator | cyrusannihilator.blogspot.com.br
(08-04-2012, 06:41 PM)Cyrus Annihilator Wrote: Hello gensym, it1s because the engine of MM1-5 games are totally different from MM6-8, and I only found out how to extract from the later ones. Good thing you're ripping from the others, they have breat graphics!
It is not about the engine. For example, http://spriters-resource.com/pc_computer...index.html was released earlier and uses similar engine, but has much better sprites.

(08-04-2012, 04:48 AM)gensym Wrote: Yeah, I had the other stuff extracted, but I left them behind... started to rip something else. Now I uninstaled the games and these submissions (from me) won't come soon.
Sorry, never meant to criticize your submissions, just wanted to point that most games on tSR have incomplete rips.

(08-04-2012, 04:48 AM)gensym Wrote: And yes, they were submitted as compacted archives, I prefered that way due the variable size of the images (different from MM7 and MM8, which I made sheets for every monster). I wasn't in the mood to invest hours to make sheet, so I decided to submit that way.
This isn't a job, so we just do things that give us fun. That's why we (submitters) should organize our submissions to make the adms lifes easier, otherwise they won't be abble to upload them all.
So you can just upload raw dumps here? And I am being attacked for uploading monster sheets as they were in game!
Thanked by:
I mentioned the engine to justify why I didn't rip from MM1-5 (although I wanted to see it ripped).

Quote:So you can just upload raw dumps here? And I am being attacked for uploading monster sheets as they were in game!
Yes, you can. Just organized them, separe them (to avoid files with huge files) and post here. See Insanius' submissions, they're compacted files, but fulfill their function: share the sprites with the world.

We all want to share our dear sprites on the worldwide web, to help others make indie games and animated gifs, to honor the memory of the games we like, to be famous, whatever...
You have great skills, skills that can help the site to fulfill its function. For this, you (as all the submitters) have to work togheter with the adms.

[email protected] | twitter.com/Cyrus_et_al | facebook.com/cyrus.annihilator | cyrusannihilator.blogspot.com.br
Quote:Yes, you can. Just organized them, separe them (to avoid files with huge files) and post here. See Insanius' submissions, they're compacted files, but fulfill their function: share the sprites with the world.
I wont post here anything anymore. As Dazz (is he the owner of this site?) pointed my rips are "spam" and I'm "a little shit" and "harmful".

Quote:We all want to share our dear sprites on the worldwide web, to help others make indie games and animated gifs, to honor the memory of the games we like, to be famous, whatever...
Do you know any good image hosting, with aim on sprites? Something with tags (i.e. isometric/sideview/topdown sprite) and where anyone can freely upload anything?

Quote:You have great skills, skills that can help the site to fulfill its function. For this, you (as all the submitters) have to work togheter with the adms.
Thank you. But I just wanted to share some sheets directly on forums, but is seems this isnt possible here.
Thanked by:
(08-06-2012, 10:51 AM)gensym Wrote:
Quote:Yes, you can. Just organized them, separe them (to avoid files with huge files) and post here. See Insanius' submissions, they're compacted files, but fulfill their function: share the sprites with the world.
I wont post here anything anymore. As Dazz (is he the owner of this site?) pointed my rips are "spam" and I'm "a little shit" and "harmful".
what he means is that you post all these sheets when you could just make a gensym's rips on the submissions forum. And yes Dazz is the owner

Quote:
Quote:You have great skills, skills that can help the site to fulfill its function. For this, you (as all the submitters) have to work togheter with the adms.
Thank you. But I just wanted to share some sheets directly on forums, but is seems this isnt possible here.

you are a great ripper, all the sheets you get are from harder to rip high quality games but we are trying to tell you simpler ways to post sprites on the spriters resource, but you wont listen and continue to make all these scattered around post it makes it easier on the staff to upload sheets that are all together and on one post and as a result Dazz has to tell you post after post. Just please listen
Don't bother hiyna. He's not posting anymore sheets after Dazz's request to stop. I wish these sheets could have been fixed up just for the sake of having them on the site but it's a lost cause unfortunately so I wouldn't waste your time posting about it anymore.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Previous
The guy got everything wrong. This is a shame.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
oh, might and magic rips are gone...Cry

Thanked by:
Mh, the first three sheets just need icons since they look fine to me.

The two monster sheets can be merged together, shouldn't be too much work.

Edit: Can someone give me the direct links for the two monster sheets?
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]