Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Puzzle Quest for IOS
Do you accept sprites in PVR4 format, because converting them to PNG increases file size several times?

[Image: autogenerated_Assassin_F_2_0.jpg]
Thanked by:
no, they must be .PNG or they won't be usable for anyone. File size isn't anything to worry about. As long as there isn't too much blank space. I'd also add a credit tag.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(08-01-2012, 10:45 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: no, they must be .PNG or they won't be usable for anyone.
PVR is a common format.

(08-01-2012, 10:45 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: File size isn't anything to worry about. As long as there isn't too much blank space.
All room images combined take 1 gigabyte. Character sprites take 200 mb.

(08-01-2012, 10:45 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I'd also add a credit tag.
What is it for?
Thanked by:
What is it for?
[/quote]
Credit tags are what you put on a sprite sheet so people can say "oh thank you gen for ripping the sheet and allowing me to use it"
[Image: 1lYIpk9.gif] GET THESE MEMES OFF THE TABLE! -Hiyna
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky
[Image: xG4BaYw.gif]

Also Love Stuff

Hey Look! I support stuff!
Thanked by:
(08-01-2012, 09:22 PM)gensym Wrote:
What is it for?
So lazy people can't just take what you ripped and claim they ripped it.
I'm tired so I may have messed up what I said.
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by:
(08-01-2012, 10:52 PM)hiynastrike Wrote: Credit tags are what you put on a sprite sheet so people can say "oh thank you gen for ripping the sheet and allowing me to use it"
If I leave my email, people will spam me with crap. Else they just dont care.

(08-01-2012, 10:57 PM)Shadow Kami Wrote: So lazy people can't just take what you ripped and claim they ripped it.
That is exactly what I want them to do. IIRC, tSR owner asks for these tags just so he can pretend he havent ripped sprites himself, so the police wont arrest him due to DMCA violation, and arrest some idiot for putting his tag on every file.
Thanked by:
LOOKI I MAK SPIET SHEET I R SMURT I RYP MEHSULF!

[Image: jEVq0h0e1kMuY.png]

(08-02-2012, 12:23 AM)gensym Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 10:52 PM)hiynastrike Wrote: Credit tags are what you put on a sprite sheet so people can say "oh thank you gen for ripping the sheet and allowing me to use it"
If I leave my email, people will spam me with crap. Else they just dont care.

(08-01-2012, 10:57 PM)Shadow Kami Wrote: So lazy people can't just take what you ripped and claim they ripped it.
That is exactly what I want them to do. IIRC, tSR owner asks for these tags just so he can pretend he havent ripped sprites himself, so the police wont arrest him due to DMCA violation, and arrest some idiot for putting his tag on every file.
its not like
I ripped this thing
here is my address, phone number, social security number, Mother's Maiden Name, etc please give credit

Its more like
I ripped, don't steal, Its a Warrior Lady okay
http://www.twitch.tv/hiynastrike live when I feel like it... You just gotta get lucky

Also Love Stuff

Thanked by:
(08-02-2012, 01:24 AM)hiynastrike Wrote: Its more like
Look! Ripping is already "stealing." Most EULAs explicitly state you shouldnt rip anything. And if somebody should be credited, then it would be original artists, who did actual spriting.
Thanked by:
(08-02-2012, 01:47 AM)gensym Wrote:
(08-02-2012, 01:24 AM)hiynastrike Wrote: Its more like
Look! Ripping is already "stealing." Most EULAs explicitly state you shouldnt rip anything. And if somebody should be credited, then it would be original artists, who did actual spriting.

then why in god's name would you be uploading to TSR in the first place your contributing to said problem!

Also Love Stuff

Thanked by:
(08-02-2012, 02:03 AM)hiynastrike Wrote: then why in god's name would you be uploading to TSR in the first place your contributing to said problem!
Because I dont care about big gamedev companies and their rules?
Thanked by:
(08-02-2012, 02:04 AM)gensym Wrote:
(08-02-2012, 02:03 AM)hiynastrike Wrote: then why in god's name would you be uploading to TSR in the first place your contributing to said problem!
Because I dont care about big gamedev companies and their rules?

that would make you a hypocrite because you DON'T care about video game company rules yet you CARE about people "stealing" sprites from there games and saying that they are responsible for the "stolen" sheet

Sometimes I don't understand people...

Also Love Stuff

Thanked by:
(08-02-2012, 02:09 AM)hiynastrike Wrote: that would make you a hypocrite because you DON'T care about video game company rules yet you CARE about people "stealing" sprites from there games and saying that they are responsible for the "stolen" sheet

I'm not. I just dont care.
Thanked by:
(08-02-2012, 02:37 AM)gensym Wrote:
(08-02-2012, 02:09 AM)hiynastrike Wrote: that would make you a hypocrite because you DON'T care about video game company rules yet you CARE about people "stealing" sprites from there games and saying that they are responsible for the "stolen" sheet

I'm not. I just dont care.

so.... you wouldn't have a problem putting a small credit tag

Also Love Stuff

Thanked by:
(08-02-2012, 02:40 AM)hiynastrike Wrote: so.... you wouldn't have a problem putting a small credit tag
You have an obsession.
Thanked by:
(08-02-2012, 03:06 AM)gensym Wrote:
(08-02-2012, 02:40 AM)hiynastrike Wrote: so.... you wouldn't have a problem putting a small credit tag
You have an obsession.

I just like seeing problems get solved it's no obsession if I was obsessed I would post stuff like this on ALL of your rips

Also Love Stuff

Thanked by: