Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Where can I learn to rip models? Specifically from the Metroid Prime games.
Question 
I want to be able to rip models from the GC/WII Metroid Prime games, as well as from Hunters on the DS. Where would I go to learn how to do this? I'm willing to be patient, as long as I can get the models. I've got somebody who's already agreed to do it, but that's four big games, and I don't want them to have to do it by themselves. Granted, I don't know if it's as simple as just extracting a file with a certain program, but it just seems like a lot, and I want to help. Plus, if I have the skills, I will have better control over the end result. I have access to a Windows 7 and Ubuntu, if that matters, and I have Metroid Prime: Trilogy available to me, if that helps any.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!
Thanked by:
Would it convince anyone more if I said I was doing this to help somebody? Because I am. I asked them if they could rip the MP models, and they agreed to rip everything, but that's a lot to rip for just one person, and I'd like to help. So can you help me help them help me?
Thanked by:
Well, for starters, AFAIK the Metroid games don't use a known format so they can't be converted with tools. Therefore they can probably only be gotten with printscreen rippers and that can be very difficult to achieve which is why it's not so much a matter of no one willing to help, but it could be a matter of actually being able to rip them properly with no issues.
For DS games it's definitely close to impossible to properly or even decently rip the models because there are almost no tools or converters besides printscreen rippers (and as mentioned, close to impossible or extremely difficult to get a good rip without any harmful issues this way) so that's why you practically never see DS model rips.
I hope you do find a converter for the models or get someone to code one though because as it stands now I don't see anyone going out of their way to rip from those games unfortunately.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(08-06-2012, 09:32 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Well, for starters, AFAIK the Metroid games don't use a known format so they can't be converted with tools. Therefore they can probably only be gotten with printscreen rippers and that can be very difficult to achieve which is why it's not so much a matter of no one willing to help, but it could be a matter of actually being able to rip them properly with no issues.
For DS games it's definitely close to impossible to properly or even decently rip the models because there are almost no tools or converters besides printscreen rippers (and as mentioned, close to impossible or extremely difficult to get a good rip without any harmful issues this way) so that's why you practically never see DS model rips.
I hope you do find a converter for the models or get someone to code one though because as it stands now I don't see anyone going out of their way to rip from those games unfortunately.

Now, I don't know what they were ripped with, and I don't know what to view them with, but apparently somebody knows how to rip them. That, and because this is the Models Resource, is why I decided to ask. But dang, what format do the MP games use then? The more I learn about them, the more I'm amazed!
Thanked by:
Your best bet would be to try and contact someone who has submitted some.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
i would ask the fine folks over at http://facepunchstudios.com
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Thanked by:
Isn't there a topic in the Model Resource titled GameCube model ripping tools? (http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...#pid468833). I don't do models (who needs 3D anyway?) so I have no idea if that's of any use but it might be worth having a ganders.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
(08-08-2012, 07:18 AM)Goemar Wrote: Your best bet would be to try and contact someone who has submitted some.

Was recently contacted by one of said persons, actually.

(08-08-2012, 06:53 PM)Goemar Wrote: Isn't there a topic in the Model Resource titled GameCube model ripping tools? (http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...#pid468833). I don't do models (who needs 3D anyway?) so I have no idea if that's of any use but it might be worth having a ganders.

Thanks. Will check it out.

(08-08-2012, 08:57 AM)MRSKELETON Wrote: i would ask the fine folks over at http://facepunchstudios.com

Not sure if being serious or not. Will give it a shot regardless XD
Thanked by: