Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Vista Paint on Win7 OS acting strange
So, I just recently (like 20 minutes ago) got Vista Paint on Windows 7 (something about taking ownership of files and replacing etc. etc.) with the help of this website.
One of the main reasons I wanted to revert back to vista paint is because windows 7 paint is glitchy when it comes to the right click eraser recolor trick (it'll select only a few pixels of the color, or none at all), and when it comes to making the secondary color transparent for movement (again, only a few pixels become transparent or none at all).

I was able to open up vista paint fine, and decided to try the recoloring thing out. For some odd reason, recoloring and movement works perfectly fine on new documents, but when I open up an already existing file (one I made on win7 paint), it doesn't work. Nothing becomes transparent, and nothing recolored.
Does it have something to do with the file being created on windows 7 paint? I have no idea about how any of this works.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
The easiest solution would be to just copy the thole image and slap it into a new paint file, which only takes about 2 seconds (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, open new paint, Ctrl+V) and is probably a lot easier than figuring out why Windows is being weird.

+ Yeah Windows 7 Paint sucks... like really bad. Like what they hell were they thinking?
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Dazz, Kitsu, Kami, Baegal
Wow...I feel really dumb for not thinking of that Ouch!
Thanks!
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: Goemar, Dazz
The simple solutions are always the best man Wink
Thanked by: Baegal
I still use XP paint. Tongue
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Previous, Kitsu, Baegal
The solution is XP Paint Wink
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Kitsu, Baegal
XP... the peak before the downwards slope...
Thanked by:
I liked it alot better but since I ended up with a windows 7 labtop they forcedable had it in the OS instead of XP paint and I'm too lazy to revert back to XP paint. Cry
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by:
All it takes is a simple download and then paint will select what you tell it to select (instead of one pixel either way) crop images where you tell it to (instead of jumping up just because it feels like it) and allow you to change the attributes and other things without having to click on 3 different tabs.
Thanked by: