Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping models from xbox 360 games?
Is it possible to rip models from xbox 360 games? I have seen plenty of images where people rip models from games like Arkham City, Bayonetta, Street Fighter 4, Halo, Dead or alive, Soul Calibar etc so how they rip these models from the games?
Thanked by:
It is possible. Like most consoles however, the model ripping method depends on the game. Typically most Xbox 360 models are ripped using Gildor's UE Viewer.
Thanked by:
(07-12-2012, 07:49 AM)Friedslick6 Wrote: It is possible. Like most consoles however, the model ripping method depends on the game. Typically most Xbox 360 models are ripped using Gildor's UE Viewer.
Thanks, found this useful tutorial if anyone needs it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKBRBqLllj4
Thanked by:
i tried watching that tutorial, but i couldnt understand it. is there a tutorial for idiots i could use?
Thanked by:
(12-17-2012, 06:10 PM)Grave Wrote: i tried watching that tutorial, but i couldnt understand it. is there a tutorial for idiots i could use?

lol , don't worry ...What game do you want to extract 3d models from?
Thanked by:
im also looking for a way to rip models from xbox 360 games. any other way to rip without UE viewer? the files i want to extract are .asf extension?
Thanked by:
Wow! Thanks for the method, I've been looking for this info forever! Now we can get some Halo and Gears models!
Thanked by:
depending of the game you can decompile the archives were are located the models, search in xentax forum
Thanked by:
HI guys! I'm a total noob with this stuff but this is pretty close to what I've been trying to do for a while now. Once the model is extracted, I want to EDIT it, like Miku Miku Dance editor, so basically create texture, add pieces of clothing, dress up basically THEN I want to put it BACK into the game, onto a back up disc so I can play the edited model on my xbox 360 which isn't chipped or anything, just a NORMAL xbox, also don't say check out LIVE because I have absolutely no access to it Sad. BTW the game is Kameo: Elements of power
Thanked by:
(03-31-2013, 07:17 PM)Maelyss Wrote: THEN I want to put it BACK into the game, onto a back up disc so I can play the edited model on my xbox 360 which isn't chipped or anything, just a NORMAL xbox

Okay, you're running into a ton of problems here - extracting models is one thing, but putting them back in is a completely different story. Also, burning a disc and playing it on a console that hasn't been modded is impossible to begin with. You'd at least need to soft-mod it (don't ask me if that's possible with the 360, I have no idea).

Basically, you're out of luck there.
Thanked by:
depending on the model extension. for example in ps3 if u search the folder where the models are located u can found the same in call of duty series than in bleach soul resurrection, they use diferents compilators and diferents game engines, u have to tell us more about them, u have to be more exactly. tell us the game or the file extension and we 'll help u
Thanked by:
I just have an a superb good idea how-to-rip 3D models from XBox 360 games - just to ask somebody to make 3D ripping program under XBox 360 like Ninja Ripper http://cgig.ru/en/2012/10/ho-to-use-ninja-ripper/ (this unique programm can rip 3D models in T-pose not from only games, but even from emulators like Dolphin and PCSX2)
It's will be activated like other XBox 360 trainers - with <| and |> buttons simultaneously!
I think author of Ninja Ripper can do this...
Thanked by:
You can't really go and ask people to do something like that an expect them to do it - these tings are way harder and way more work than you make it sound.
These people create such tools in their spare time as a hobby and you can't really expect them to make a complex tool like a model ripper for some random stranger.
You shouldn't think of "hackers" like machines that you go to, push a button and get the program of your dreams.
Well I know on PC games you can edit the file easy and I was wondering where the model files were located on the disc so I could edit them.
Thanked by:
(08-07-2013, 02:16 AM)Maelyss Wrote: Well I know on PC games you can edit the file easy and I was wondering where the model files were located on the disc so I could edit them.

I have no idea what PC games you're thinking of, but all PC games that are moddable either A) Were made that way by the creators (see Skyrim) or B) Had tons of work done leading up to what makes them moddable currently (see SADX and Sonic Generations).

As for putting models back in. That's about thirty times harder than just ripping them. To do that you have to actually learn the entire model format and how it works, be able to compress it or contain it in an archive, and just hope it works.

And just to add to the main topic, there's no set standard for ripping 360 models. It's either a MaxScript, external program, or some off made thing. The UE Viewer posted only works on games using the Unreal Engine. It just so happens the Unreal Engine was a big hit with some developers as the engine is pretty easy to use.
I post stuff randomly. I hope you people like what gets posted.
Thanked by: