Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
DMCA Email from MediaFire
Sad 
So I got 11 DMCA emails today from mediafire. They're all directed at Skyward Sword models I've uploaded.

Here's one email I got.

Has this happened to anyone else? What did you have to do? Will removing the files be good enough, or is there additional steps I have to take? Sick
Thanked by:
Hm, were you including the original BRRES files in those zips (judging by the file names)? If so, that's probably what did it.

Either way, reminds me that I got a DMCA notice before, but it was for one of my custom Brawl BRSTMs because it thought it was something called "The 7 Challenges: English for Communication" for some reason...
Thanked by:
(07-11-2012, 07:11 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Hm, were you including the original BRRES files in those zips (judging by the file names)? If so, that's probably what did it.

Either way, reminds me that I got a DMCA notice before, but it was for one of my custom Brawl BRSTMs because it thought it was something called "The 7 Challenges: English for Communication" for some reason...

Yeah, I had nearly every brres in the game uploaded into two big files (guess I won't be doing that again). Shy
So did you just have to remove the files or did you also have to contact someone?
Thanked by:
(07-11-2012, 07:16 PM)Roxas358 Wrote: Yeah, I had nearly every brres in the game uploaded into two big files (guess I won't be doing that again). Shy
So did you just have to remove the files or did you also have to contact someone?
Yeah, I just removed them, and I've still got my MediaFire account. Mainly because arguing could possibly get the account suspended. Better safe than sorry, after all.
Thanked by: Garamonde
(07-11-2012, 07:25 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Yeah, I just removed them, and I've still got my MediaFire account. Mainly because arguing could possibly get the account suspended. Better safe than sorry, after all.

OK, Thanks RTB. Smile
Thanked by:
Who the heck is Kapow Software and why do you have to answer to them in regards to Nintendo's content?

That just reeks of fake email to me.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(07-12-2012, 04:11 AM)Vipershark Wrote: Who the heck is Kapow Software and why do you have to answer to them in regards to Nintendo's content?

That just reeks of fake email to me.

Yeah, it does seem fake. The web site kapowsoftware.es doesn't even have anything to do with Nintendo. But I don't want to risk having my whole account taken down.
Thanked by:
Either way, there's nothing you can really do about that once the file's taken down. Re-uploading the same file will only have the same thing happen to it.

So compress the heck out of it and slap a password on the ZIP.
Thanked by: Garamonde, redblueyellow
I am sorry your file got suspended. Please do not worry though. I can and will make sure all (including Nintendo) knows that using Spriters-Resource sprites are okay to use. Video will come soon.
An awesomest (best) maze game V at least in my opinion.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00821057748349019634

Thanked by:
How about "no". Last thing we need is to have a company complain at us for hosting their content without their permission, forcing us to take it down.

Don't be a rat.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Maxpphire

All of those files BTW have already been taken down (and not by me), so I better not have lost anything important.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Better put some passwords on it.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
So what exactly is the problem with these models that Nintendo doesn't want them up?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I think most of the files were the original .BRRES models that I had hosted to share for ripping projects and stuff, but I can easily re-upload them min.us like I did for Kirby if needed so they're no big deal.
I only noticed one file that they hadn't removed though that had a warning icon on it, and that was my Yoshi submission for NSMBW. It's been on the site for months and months though so there wasn't any point in keeping it anyway. Otherwise I'm in the clear now I think.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Ton
So are the files on TSR in any danger?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: