Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Amy Rouge Pixel Art
[Image: tumblr_m4n39vLOSy1rx3nn7o1_400.png]

This is completely custom. It was going to be Amy Rose, but when I drew her hair, it looked like Rouge’s. So I said “aw, bucket” and made it Rouge trying on Amy’s dress. Seems she likes it OK…
I know the hands are messed up, that was my first shot at hands. Her right foot (our left) is borked too, and I'm not sure about her boob size *bricked*.
Otherwise, though, I'm satisfied. If you see anything I can improve on, or just want to stroke my ego, please tell me.
Thanked by:
Rouge has always disturbed me when it comes to character design. As someone with a genuine fear of the fur community she freaks the bejebus out of me. Having said that you probably do need to inject some more silicon as she is rather busty (specially for a bat... thing).

Your outline needs some work to stop it looking so jaggy, but the actual 'drawing' in itself is fine (minus her right foot).
Her legs also don't look like they're going into her shoes - but more like stumps resting on them.

It's a decent enough start, with probably just a few quick fixes to make it something you can show off.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
[Image: tumblr_m4n39vLOSy1rx3nn7o1_r2_400.png]

Her boobs bother me too, many because they look disproportionate compared to her skinny body.
I edited the boobs and made her less like a stick to compensate. I messed with the foot some, (though I don't think it helped), and the legs have been changed. Does it look better, and how can I fix that darned foot?

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by "jagged", though. Consequently, I don't know how to fix it. Should I blur the lines in Gimp or something?
Thanked by:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=13868

Also, in what universe where light comes from the top-right are bosoms lit from the bottom? I know it's impossible to learn in an instant, but try to get a feel how light falls on stuff.
Look at the hammer. The red, cylindrical part really needs about a third or something of shadow on the bottom. Also, fill the more shaded parts of the yellow ends. That way, you do not have to draw a line to show there is an edge.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by: Garamonde
[Image: tumblr_m4n39vLOSy1rx3nn7o1_r5_400.png]

Ok, I know this wasn't something suggested; I wanted to see how it looked. More shading on the hammer was added. Tried some different lighting on the chest, but I'm still on the fence about it.
Thanked by: Garamonde
Try moving Rouge's wings behind her head, so that you can see the hair pieces. The wings should be the furthest back. Additionally, she doesn't seem very balanced. Moving the head to the right, and adjusting the upper body like so should fix that issue.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
The fingers are somewhat crooked, the middle finger's joint shouldn't bend that way, her ears also look too big for her head, and like Baegal said put her wings the furthest so we can see the hair spikes. her cleavage is fine though that yellow or orange line is distracting, other than that that's really good.
Love : Previous(2)(3), Trollerskates(2), Nicktendo DS(2), Hiynastrike, ShadeDBZ(2), Recolorme, Sevenstitch, SupaBuddie,

Thanked by:
The way you did those outlines is one of my biggest spriting pet peeves ever and they make me really angry.
Every single person who does large PAs like that (well, most of them are traces which this isn't so I'll give you some credit there) does colored outlines that way and it just looks so bad and I hate it and AUGH

Sorry, nothing personal against you, I just REALLY hate when people color lines like that.

First and foremost, some of your lines are jaggy and you need AA in general to smooth everything out.
As far as fixing the colors, your outlines need to change color with the highlights. Your outline color shouldn't be the same color on a bright white as it is on a dark grey. Look at the hammer. The yellow outline is all one color and it just sticks out really bad. You should be looking at the hammer as an object, not some lines that have color in them.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Good point about the lines, I'll try and fix that later. (Geez I'm a noob.) Not now, though, I've edited the darn thing way too many times, and I'm tired of looking at something with so many flaws that I had never noticed. But I'll get to it.
Thanked by: