Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Stages from SNES fighting games (Tool: vSNES)
1) Get a game from this list (or another fighting game you know):
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=20773

2) Download vSNES
http://dl.qj.net/software/utilities/vsnes-291.html

3) Go to a stage in your fighting game and make a quicksave with zsnes.

4) Open vSNES, import the quicksave and go to Scene Viewer (Mowgli symbol in the upper task bar).

Now you see the complete stage with all their layers, just save the screens with the discette symbol on the right and you're done.

Note: Animations in the stages require screen ripping (Edit: Or assembling from the vSNES MemViewer, thanks @ Maxim for the info).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had problems with vSNES, but I guess I clicked something wrong and suddenly the stages were invisible. But then I loaded the tool again and everything was alright (just in case you heard me saying: "This game doesn't work with vSNES). Just tried a random bunch from Yawackharys list and everything worked perfectly fine.

This is what I will do next:
[Image: jRRKfnj452o8p.png]

[Image: jb04ySF4V0VOjq.png]

[Image: jb1TwDp2ERbQFE.png]

Samurai Showdown and Primal Rage, I'll also re-rip the stages from Rise of Robots.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
I tried ripping "The Street" from Mortal Kombat 3 but unfortunately but I cant use vSNES to save my life.
[Image: i3vs4ey35oVVu.png]
This background was a flawless victory.
[Image: iqst8uaQfiVBZ.png]
But the actual stage came out a bit wonky.
Any suggestions?
Thanked by:
(07-03-2012, 06:54 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: [Image: jRRKfnj452o8p.png]

http://spriters-resource.com/snes/samura...sheet/6915
Thanked by:
So this one is from Ranma ½: Chougi Ranbu Hen -

[Image: iysNGX56CJc4i.png]

How's that? I'll continue ripping stages from this game if it's cool.
Change the cloud's color to an off-white palette. (R: 254 B:254 G:254)

In other words make the clouds non transparent. (Bleed through) or just rip the clouds without using vSNES if it's too much trouble due to transparency in vSNES. (Keep the Blue BG the clouds are on and just use MSpaint to fill in the white to off-white then erase the Blue BG.)

Some of the BG is missing also (Palm trees) but they appear to be the same as the rest, so just add the parts from an existing tree on the sheet to it to the point where it cuts off.

You may also want to alter the animations of the dancers and the man in the chair to include the sand also so that people know how to add it to prevent overlapping of the sprites.

What I'm saying may be a tad difficult to understand, but it's the best way to alleviate confusion when people plan to use them.

Sorry if what I'm saying sounds like being an a-hole.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
For the primal rage stage, just separate the sky from the stone arches in the background if the screen scrolls normally. First play through the game you are ripping from before taking apart the BG to prevent confusion

When in the layers section of Scene Viewer, there will be a section on the lower right called transparency, set that to completely white under custom color by clicking the rectangle next to the word custom and change the color to (R:255, G;255, B:255). That is usually the best way to get sprites and background with minimal problems.
Thanked by: RadSpyro
Not at all, thanks for the advice. Edited it, any better? I've kept the blue background on the clouds though as it turns out that's how they're meant to be.
Thanked by:
@canasniimehugh:
I see a repeated line of tiles on the left (16 pixels in width). That's pretty normal, just cut it off.

@Ryan914: Not possible, both of them are on the same background:
[Image: iVuzzxjuzttW0.png]
Edit: I think you mean the "sky box" over the pillars, right? I guess I'll put the box at the left corner and below the grass ground to make it more obvious.

By the way, I prefer pink over white since it shows you exactly where the game uses the transparency colour. For the Gundam Wing portraits, one of the chars used black in his eyes. I put him on a pink background and recoloured the eyes manually, no big deal.

@Maxim: Thanks, this saves me some work. But I think two Japan stages are still not ripped.

@RadSpyro: Are the characters sprites or are they part of the background?
(07-04-2012, 08:55 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: @RadSpyro: Are the characters sprites or are they part of the background?
Part of the background Smile
Thanked by:
Davy: You should divide the stage into 3, the sky itself is okay as it has an obvious division point, while you should split where the pillars and grass meet, as the grass uses a different type of scrolling. And by different, I mean it acts sort of like the skew method you seen in MSPaint, Photoshop, and other graphics programs.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by: Dazz, Garamonde
(07-04-2012, 07:11 AM)RadSpyro Wrote: So this one is from Ranma ½: Chougi Ranbu Hen -

Is it okay to upload this now?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: RadSpyro
(07-03-2012, 06:54 PM)Davy Jones Wrote: Note: Animations in the stages require screen ripping.

Not at all costs. You can also use the vsnes-memory viewer and assemble them from the tiles.
Thanked by: HandToeKnee, Garamonde
(07-04-2012, 09:44 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:
(07-04-2012, 07:11 AM)RadSpyro Wrote: So this one is from Ranma ½: Chougi Ranbu Hen -

Is it okay to upload this now?
I believe so!
Thanked by: Garamonde
Weapon Lord:

[Image: th_Weapon_Lord_demon2_icn.png]

Is it just me or has Photobucket become very slow lately? Takes forever to navigate the site.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Davy Jones
Yeah, I thought it may computer or something, but if you see it also, then it might actually be slow.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
Primal Rage:
[Image: iugWtKLQ5I8sk.png]
http://i.minus.com/i24ZVSH0Dwrnp.png

min.us is also pretty slow, but that might be my computer.

@Maxim: Unfortunately, I have zero talent to figure out the MemViewer. Regardless which combinations I choose, it's still a jumbled mess.
Thanked by: adriano gt, Garamonde