Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Transformers: WFC Models (PC)
Hey, new guy here.
I was getting myself pumped up for the Fall of Cybertron release, and I was thinking about ripping some of the War for Cybertron models just for kicks. I started poking around the game files, but when I got to where I think the models are (file path is transformers war for cybertron>TransGame>CookedPC), everything was a .xxx file. I have no idea how to open up these files without screwing something up. I'll post any models I rip if I can get them, but can I get some advice on what program I should use to open up these files? Or am I just in over my head?
On a boat. At night. In space. Etc.
Thanked by:
(07-03-2012, 11:17 AM)Shadowelecman Wrote: Hey, new guy here.
I was getting myself pumped up for the Fall of Cybertron release, and I was thinking about ripping some of the War for Cybertron models just for kicks. I started poking around the game files, but when I got to where I think the models are (file path is transformers war for cybertron>TransGame>CookedPC), everything was a .xxx file. I have no idea how to open up these files without screwing something up. I'll post any models I rip if I can get them, but can I get some advice on what program I should use to open up these files? Or am I just in over my head?

This is an Unreal Engine game, which means UModel is able to extract from it.

The compatibility list is here: http://www.gildor.org/projects/umodel/compat

I've looked there and it seems you can extract every single thing from the game.

So download UModel and read the instructions!
Thanked by: Shadowelecman, Garamonde
(07-05-2012, 09:50 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote:
(07-03-2012, 11:17 AM)Shadowelecman Wrote: Hey, new guy here.

This is an Unreal Engine game, which means UModel is able to extract from it.

The compatibility list is here: http://www.gildor.org/projects/umodel/compat

I've looked there and it seems you can extract every single thing from the game.

So download UModel and read the instructions!

Awesome, thanks a bunch!
Thanked by:
And since Unreal Engine models are in .PSK, you can use my tutorial with them. Wink
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Shadowelecman
(07-05-2012, 10:15 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: And since Unreal Engine models are in .PSK, you can use my tutorial with them. Wink

Great, that should help out a lot! Thanks!
Thanked by: Garamonde
ooh maybe you can get the dinobots and ravage
Thanked by:
(07-06-2012, 01:52 AM)valforwing Wrote: ooh maybe you can get the dinobots and ravage

that's Fall of Cybertron, it hasnt come out yet, and its console exclusive Very Sad
Thanked by:
(07-06-2012, 02:04 AM)alexmach1 Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 01:52 AM)valforwing Wrote: ooh maybe you can get the dinobots and ravage

that's Fall of Cybertron, it hasnt come out yet, and its console exclusive Very Sad

PS360 games can be ripped too Tongue
If you have some luck that is.
Thanked by:
(07-06-2012, 03:42 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 02:04 AM)alexmach1 Wrote:

PS360 games can be ripped too Tongue
If you have some luck that is.

Actually, FoC is coming out for PC!http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/02/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-rolling-out-on-pc-after-all/#more-110599
So, when the game comes out, maybe I'll get another project going. In the meantime, I'm dealing with some tech-related shenanigans and I'm going to be away from my computer for a while, so it'll take a while before I can get any models up :/
Thanked by:
Please rip Metroplex from Fall of CYbertron when the game comes out! I have great plans for that model :p
Thanked by:
Sorry, but no requesting until you have 20 posts and have been here for longer than a month. Warned.
I wasn't making a serious request, just a suggestion for him to rip it when the game comes out! Sad
Thanked by: TGE
(07-10-2012, 08:25 PM)Stef17 Wrote: I wasn't making a serious request, just a suggestion for him to rip it when the game comes out! Sad
We are kinda picky about requesting here, especially 1 posters that just come to request.
I still think that moderators shouldn't directly warn somebody when they do something wrong for the first time. It's kinda discouraging to me.
But I probably don't have much to say about it since I'm not a mod after all.
Thanked by:
One reason is (I think) to try and steer people towards reading the forum rules so that they'll know what and what not to do here when they first join so that they won't have a hard time.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I bet 90 % of the members here didn't read the rules in the beginning.