Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Can't Sleep so I sprite
Hey I'm new to the whole thing forum and at the moment i cant sleep so I've decided to do some sprite practice. Be aware i'm still an amateur so I welcome any and all critiques and comments guys. Anyways this is a sprite i just started.
[Image: TUHbG.png]

And heres more finished lines, the legs still need alot of work the perspective is off and im not really please with the feet but whatever its quit-in time ill work on it later.
[Image: Ppbir.png]
Thanked by:
Well... We can't give you decent C+C if you give us an incomplete sprite. Finish it first.

P.S: You might get some harsh C+C on here. But no matter how harsh they sound, we give it to help you improve and reach your full potential! Smile
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by:
Your pale lines are hardly visible on the white background. Makes it hard to judge.

The feet point inwards in an unnatural way. Try to stand in that position to see how it should really be. You should also move the far foot upwards a few pixels as it's further away.
The legs have quite unequal width, the far one looks a lot thicker - you might want to adjust them.
Thanked by: Garamonde
To add onto that, there are a few spots of jaggy lines, namely his mouth, the top of his head (where it meets the fin) and near his left hip. You might want to try smoothing those out.
Thanked by: Garamonde
(06-28-2012, 04:51 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: Well... We can't give you decent C+C if you give us an incomplete sprite. Finish it first.

Not true. It's actually a good thing that he showed us what he has before moving on with the rest, because look at all the problems with it (and they're just the outlines!) that were mentioned above; jagginess, anatomy issues, even the color. Especially for a sprite as large as this, it's better to catch any problems that may exist in the early stages rather than later so that you don't have to edit (or even restart) a fully shaded and colored sprite.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Hey guy thanks for all your critiques, I think i fixed all the things you guys mentioned but if you could take look as this new one and let me know if there is anything else i should fix before I start coloring, or animating that would be awesome.
[Image: 0OG01.png]
Thanked by:
There are a few jags on the outline, most notably on his right (our left) leg of the pants.

other than that this does show promise.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Try drinking some medicine for cold. I believe they have sleeping agents
Thanked by: Gwen, Garamonde