Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Attention Getting Title (phil's sprites)
This is where I'll be posting my sprites, so yeah. Comment on them and tell me what's what, yo. I regret typing that but I'm keeping it in.

[Image: Pokemontrainers.png]
[Image: iner.png]
Nope.avi
Thanked by:
well for starters, shade the poketrainers to add volume. And their heads are leaning a bit. Try moving it a liiittle to the left. Also, the anatomy is jacked up on the body. Look at more references

The guy on the bottom needs more contrast.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: phil3lep
Alright added some minor edits to the Pokemon trainers. I'm not to worried about anatomy. As long as I get the image across.
[Image: Pokemontrainers-1.png]

Changed the Miner's complexion, and added him spinning the drill. The drill spin is only to practice motion blur. I don't really like it to much though.
[Image: MinerSpin.gif]
Nope.avi
Thanked by:
Increase the contrast, your shades are barely recognizable. Place the head higher to make room for a neck (and/or lower the shoulders). More the heads to the right or else they're be connected to the body at the chin. Notice that the back of the head is supposed to be lined with the back of the body.

Anatomy is important if you want to make appealing sprites. If all you wanted was to "get the image across", you could go with stick figures ;-)
Thanked by:
the shading lacks contrast, and the fact that the outline is lighter than the color inside them makes this really weird (i'm talking about the poketrainers here). Also while I understand the whole 'as long as I get the image across', then we can't say much. Saying that is like blocking any criticism that could've said to make your work better. According to you, your sprites are fine because we can see they're three poketrainers and one guy with a drill for a hand. But they aren't.

To make them better, you need to learn some anatomy, shading, color theory and animation. There's no magic, easy way to get better so please accept all our criticism.

I'll come up with an edit or two later to help you.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Previous, alexmach1
I didn't mean it like that, but that did sound pretty conceited of me didn't it. He said the anatomy is jacked up on the body. I know the anatomy is messed up on the body that was the style I was going for. Of course I could just be misinterpreting what he means by that, and just be cementing the idea that I'm acting like a douche.

EDIT: Changed up the anatomy and it looks better, at least to me. So now I feel like a ass. Sorry.
[Image: Redde.png]
Nope.avi
Thanked by: megaMasquerain, McMaxxis
even if its meant to be just standing there in one place, it looks incredibly stiff and unnatural.

it wouldn't kill you to work towards a more relaxed pose(you know, something that involved stuff more complex that paralel lines)
Thanked by:
[Image: UnmU5.png]

i tried to recolor it to give an idea of what your palette should look like
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
Decided to redo Red
[Image: redbetter.png]

Also, dat stank eye.
[Image: Stankeye.png]
Nope.avi
Here's a quick edit.

[Image: rededit.png]
Thanked by:
It's the Pyro. It's not done, but I had trouble with the ash that's on him. I'd like to know what to fix before doing the rest. Thanks

[Image: pyro.png]
Nope.avi
Thanked by:
The lightsources on pyro just make him look bizzare.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
Traced?

I'm thinkin' traced.
Thanked by:
oh look he magically developed a sense of anatomy.
Thanked by: Thumbtacks
The Pyro's not loading for me. Everything else is, just not the Pyro.
[Image: SigYT.png][Image: SigArt.png]
Thanked by: