Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: which model/charecter version do you prefer
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Snake (SSBB)
15.38%
2 15.38%
Naked Snake (MGSUnsureE)(first chapter)
15.38%
2 15.38%
Big Boss (MGSTongueW)
7.69%
1 7.69%
Solid Snake (MGSUnsureOL)
7.69%
1 7.69%
Solid Snake (MGS:TTS)
7.69%
1 7.69%
Solid Snake (MGS)
7.69%
1 7.69%
Liquid Snake (MGS)
0%
0 0%
Liquid Snake (MGS:TTS)
0%
0 0%
Solidus (MGSUnsureOL)
0%
0 0%
Big Boss (MGSUnsureE)(later game)
15.38%
2 15.38%
Big Boss (MGS4)
7.69%
1 7.69%
Old Snake (MGS4)
0%
0 0%
Young Snake (MGS4 easter egg camo)
0%
0 0%
LOL I LEIK RAIDEN!
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Custom Big Boss Model
I've been trying unsuccessfully for several years to get Metal Gear Solid stuff into MMD. in fact solid snake was the first model i ever opened up in MMD.

but I realized that MGS is hugely popular in MMD but unfortunatly all there was for people to use was Negiyaki's Big Boss model and Solid Snake model....while they were nice models they did'nt exactly really work so well with Big Boss. Solid Snake's model looks like a custom version of his SSBB model if it was more cartoonish. while his Big Boss model is barely recognizable as the charecter because it is extreamly cartoonish.

so I got my hands on a model of Naked Snake(a.k.a. BigBoss) from Metal Gear Solid Operation Snake Eater. after converting it and loading it into PMDe for processing into the correct size and tweeking it so that it could be passed on to a MMD user with biped rigging skills could finish him.....i realized that the entire model was composed as one item...meaning that of the multiple textures only 1 was being used.....so only his legs were rendered properly while the rest of him was all messy.
after many unsuccessfull attempts at separateing the mesh
I got mad
and decided to his body to peices and try what I call
The Headfak manuver. rather then be bothered by waiting to find someone to rig a model i just headfak it and you end up with a custom model. pretty much i remove the body except for the head and attatch the head to an already rigged model.
now I have done this before to a model of posed model of Naked Snake from SSBB but it being posed makes the model of snake in an Organization XIII outfit appear to have a broken neck.

this is Negiyaki's Big Boss Model compared to Naked Snake in the early part of MGS3
you see? it's very cartoonish and animeish...and though i do enjoy anime and am of japanese heritage myself...it just dos'nt suit snake very well
so what do I do? playing peace walker has inspired me to create a better big boss model.

so i take the head of the metal gear soild 3 model and stick it on the already rigged body of the anime style big boss model
then i take the textures from the game model and use them over the custom model.

and this is my end result
all that remains now is separateing the eyepatch mesh from the rest of the head and adding his missing eye. this way by use of MMD's slider feature you could add or remove his missing eye and eyepatch so that the model could be used from either the early MGS3 or any of the other games that feature Big Boss.
also I realized something. Snake in Super Smash Brother's Brawl....is both Big Boss AND Solid Snake. while Solid maybe a clone he does look different from big boss, notebly in build and such. big boss being well big and torked up and snake being more ninja like.
but when i put the solid snake model you guys ripped from brawl next to his metal gear solid 3 headed custom....
so is this chimera model good? it's parts from several sources..all of the same person. combined to make the ultimate MMD Big Boss.
Thanked by:
Your project is ambitious and quite interesting. Unfortunatley i'm too busy with other projects to help u. but good luck !

Ps: even naked big boss from psp msg peace walker is a good refence expecially for the face.
Thanked by:
did you notice that the designs of both arms are relatively the same? try ripping off SSBB snake's arms and replacing the ugly bevel/embossed arms of the other. same could be said about the torso gear(albeit minus a pocket or two) and the shoes.
Thanked by:
well the shoes, and ends of the arms are only differnet because i have'nt replaced the textures from them. they still have the original custom model's plain textures. its only a texture edit.

unfortunatly i can't rig solid snake. he is'nt in a t-posed position and if i did replace his arms over boss's then i would have to find someone to re-rig them....thats how MMD works unfortunatly.
everything has been retextured except for his arms, shoes, knife on leg. his fingers are retextured. and i took his chest knife off his game model and overlaid it on the custom one....

once it gets finished i'm going to get some one to add facials to it.

at the same time do any of you know where i can get a good model of Meryl? the one that was uploaded here a while back is all messed up texture wise and was hopeing someone could fix one of them for me.
Thanked by:
Do u mean Meryl from twin snake? If i can find again in my messed up hhdisk, i will glad to fix it for u.
Thanked by:
(06-29-2012, 04:38 AM)Orwell Wrote: Do u mean Meryl from twin snake? If i can find again in my messed up hhdisk, i will glad to fix it for u.

well actually you can get all of the models from here
http://mgs-acp.ucoz.net/load/metal_gear_...89/1-1-0-1
but i'm haveing trouble converting them to MMD format because when i import them into blender the textures are inverted.
Thanked by: