Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
tSR Giant Pixel - Mario
In an effort to get more people spriting, I put together a little spriting game that we used to play on PT that we called Giant Pixel.

What is Giant Pixel?
It's a spriting game in which we collaborate to create one big pixel art collage out of many smaller pixel arts.

It's a lot less complicated than it sounds!

Here's what you do. Pick four squares out of the grid below, which are numbered for your convenience. You can pick any four that you want, but you must pick four.
[Image: giantpixel1template-1.png]

All you have to do is create a 24x24 pixel art within each square you choose, and it has to match the color of the original pixel art on the left. In other words, if you pick a square that's red on the left, your pixel art's main color must be red. You can put -anything- you want inside the square, so long as it's red. Simple, right?

That's all there really is to it!
Anyone is allowed to play, but you have to play either all four squares, or none at all. Entries don't count until all four squares are complete.
If you want to play more than once, that's totally cool too! Once your first entry is complete and posted, just pick another four squares (as long as nobody else already has) and go right ahead.

To get started, all you have to do is reserve four squares and post in the thread which four you want. If somebody has already claimed a square, it can't be picked.

-PLEASE ONLY USE THIS IMAGE IN THE OP TO MAKE YOUR PIXEL ART-

I will update the OP image as necessary to add peoples' finished squares. DO NOT add your sprites to other peoples' entries, as this can lead to the image becoming discolored. (It's happened in past games, just trust me on this one.)

To submit your entries, simply post the OP image (updated with your entries) in the thread, and I'll edit them into the master file. If you don't mind, could you paste your entries into all three versions of the pixel art above? That makes it a lot easier on me as far as placement goes.

For a quick example, here's a really old copy of one of the games we started back on PT that I found on my external drive.
[Image: GiantPixel1-2.png]
I figured we could start with (mostly) the same image.
Note how they put things that fit the color of their square. That's all you need to do.

Let's get started!

Edit:

CURRENTLY RESERVED SPOTS
[Image: tsrmario.png]
(Previous' version)

Remember, all reservations are first come, first served! If you pick a spot that somebody already has, you'll have to change your entry.

COMPLETE!
[Image: giantpixel1complete.png]
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
alright I'll reserve 5,6,16, and 17
Thanked by:
A3
B4
Thanked by: Zac
I'm reserving V, S, K, and 43.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi
Uhh

I guess I'm doing squares 79, 87, A and H
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
haha holy shit, i remember participating in this exact thing a few years back

i'll reserve C, B1, L, and 88
Thanked by:
Sure, why not!

Reserving squares 14, 23, 44, and 54.
[Image: zmylm.gif]
Thanked by:
ok i'm done
[Image: ZaKKd.png]
I'll make the squares G, 0, R and S
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
I'll reserve 90, 39, 30, 69. Cool
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
I'm reserving B0, P, 29 and 85.

Edit: Finished.
[Image: 40MZH.png]
[Image: BannerMain.gif][Image: A9p8V.png][Image: BannerMain.gif]
Thanked by:
Heh. I remember this done a while back. I may contribute something.
Thanked by:
mario has cocaine on his mustache
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
I'm reserving T, 53, W and 63
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-21-2012, 06:53 AM)Yo-Yo Boy Wrote: Edit: Finished.
[Image: 40MZH.png]

(06-21-2012, 01:04 AM)Vipershark Wrote: DO NOT add your sprites to other peoples' entries, as this can lead to the image becoming discolored. (It's happened in past games, just trust me on this one.)
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]