Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
How would I go about ripping from a 360 game?
Specifically, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I've heard Capcom games are harder to work with -- is this true?

For months, I've been in want of the square character icons from UMvC3 for a personal project of mine, but having no luck grabbing anyone's attention, I figure it's time I try and tackle this by myself. These are what I'm referring to, for reference:

[Image: 9Swfs.png]

I have the game ripped to my computer, but where would I go from there? It shouldn't be too hard for me to access those icons, right?
Thanked by:
Moved to Questions, Info & Tutorials as this is a question.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Whoops, sorry, I completely overlooked this section of the site!
Thanked by:
Well, If you want to rip icons directly from the ISO, you're going to have to thuroughly understand the file formats of the game. The icon files won't just be lying around in the base directory. Almost every file needed for the game to run (icons, textures, models, etc...) are archived into a special file format that Windows (or Mac) can't normally open. They can only be opened by the aid of an application that understands the file format. Most games use this technique, but I'm not sure about the one you specified. You can open the ISO with WinRar or Winzip and tell us the file formats so that the community can help. Smile
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by:
(06-19-2012, 12:42 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: Well, If you want to rip icons directly from the ISO, you're going to have to thuroughly understand the file formats of the game. The icon files won't just be lying around in the base directory. Almost every file needed for the game to run (icons, textures, models, etc...) are archived into a special file format that Windows (or Mac) can't normally open. They can only be opened by the aid of an application that understands the file format. Most games use this technique, but I'm not sure about the one you specified. You can open the ISO with WinRar or Winzip and tell us the file formats so that the community can help. Smile
No, you can't do that. They need to be decompressed because they use specific compression that isn't supported by any tool.
You can use XboX 360 ISO Extract to extract the contents. If you find some loose DDS textures on the disk, you'll need to use a program called xbdecompress to decompress it.
I can't give a link to you in public because it's part of the 360 SDK kit which needs to be bought.
Thanked by: Garamonde
Thanks for the replies, but unfortunately, I'm currently using a Mac. Sad Back to the drawing board for me!
Thanked by: TGE
Well that's too bad.
Normally I would have done it for you but since 360 games take tons of hours to download and take tons of disk space, it's a nope for now.
Thanked by:
I do appreciate the help and concern. I'll figure something out eventually.
Thanked by:
well i'm not sure if this is a actual Xbox 360 emulator or a virus but here's a link to a 360 emulator site that i found http://xbox360-emulator.com/ hope it helps ^^
What Rips am i doing next not sure?
[Image: giphy.webp]
Thanked by:
(06-19-2012, 12:42 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: Well, If you want to rip icons directly from the ISO, you're going to have to thuroughly understand the file formats of the game. The icon files won't just be lying around in the base directory. Almost every file needed for the game to run (icons, textures, models, etc...) are archived into a special file format that Windows (or Mac) can't normally open. They can only be opened by the aid of an application that understands the file format. Most games use this technique, but I'm not sure about the one you specified. You can open the ISO with WinRar or Winzip and tell us the file formats so that the community can help. Smile

(06-22-2012, 06:04 PM)senjen Wrote: well i'm not sure if this is a actual Xbox 360 emulator or a virus but here's a link to a 360 emulator site that i found http://xbox360-emulator.com/ hope it helps ^^
Fake. Current Gen computers can't emulate next gen systems, unless you have a Chuck Norris PC at home, which I think not.
Thanked by: Garamonde
Why not wait for Windows 8? It's claimed that it will have the ability to read Xbox 360 disks so you can play 'em on your PC. I can't be sure though. It's just a rumor at the moment.
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by:
(06-23-2012, 07:09 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: Why not wait for Windows 8? It's claimed that it will have the ability to read Xbox 360 disks so you can play 'em on your PC. I can't be sure though. It's just a rumor at the moment.

Sounds like bollocks to me...

With any next gen ripping-ness it's all about google and shadey links. If you can find someone who was ripped things from a 360 game it'll be useful to ask them, though that doesn't mean they'll be willing to help.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
(06-23-2012, 08:21 AM)Goemar Wrote:
(06-23-2012, 07:09 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: Why not wait for Windows 8? It's claimed that it will have the ability to read Xbox 360 disks so you can play 'em on your PC. I can't be sure though. It's just a rumor at the moment.

Sounds like bollocks to me...

With any next gen ripping-ness it's all about google and shadey links. If you can find someone who was ripped things from a 360 game it'll be useful to ask them, though that doesn't mean they'll be willing to help.

I ripped from Sonic '06 and Unleashed, so why not ask me Tongue /jk
As I said, it depends on luck. Sometimes the format has been cracked, or it's just unarchived. It always needs to be decompressed using the X360 SDK though.
Thanked by: