Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SONIC GEN
Okay so iv started a Sonic generation sprite but i just cant seem to get his hair or hands right. Id appreciate any advice

[Image: 91ae9bcf30277a99a8a5bd2fe2da0eea.png]
Thanked by:
dont pillow shade, and make him face the camera a little. looking all the way to the right generally never works
Thanked by:
(06-13-2012, 04:08 PM)alexmach1 Wrote: dont pillow shade, and make him face the camera a little. looking all the way to the right generally never works

i see... but wouldn't it be more like sonic generations if its from the side?

okay so i see i have the position wrong so what about this ?
[Image: bdaebeb4ff07a16e86544c512bd77b0c.png]
Thanked by: Medevenx
Not quite that much. Use the sort of angle you see in your avatar.
Thanked by: Gaia
(06-13-2012, 04:30 PM)Hoeloe Wrote: Not quite that much. Use the sort of angle you see in your avatar.

okay thanks, il just use my old ones for animation later on then
Thanked by:
What do you mean by "old ones"? Not the ones in the first post, I hope.
Thanked by:
(06-13-2012, 04:37 PM)Hoeloe Wrote: What do you mean by "old ones"? Not the ones in the first post, I hope.

no the one you just commented on and the one i just finnished
Thanked by:
okay here is my new sonic [Image: 235738761cda0bbffc0d8031f6540f81.png]
Thanked by: Baegal
Well his fingers are really sharp and spaced out

and his mouth.. thingy.. that skin colored area around his mouth (whatever its called) is way too big,
its supposed to line up with his eyes I think
Thanked by:
(06-14-2012, 12:17 PM)Thumbtacks Wrote: Well his fingers are really sharp and spaced out

and his mouth.. thingy.. that skin colored area around his mouth (whatever its called) is way too big,
its supposed to line up with his eyes

So would you recommend making the eyes bigger or the mouth smaller ?
and I will sort out the hands.
Thanked by:
Make the muzzle (mouth area) smaller.
Thanked by:
so like this ?
[Image: 2a036d8a409986529c39ca08e678cc11.png]
Thanked by:
at the moment, this doesn't look like a sprite project, but rather a topic to fix sprites. will move to spriting & pixelart, as it looks more appropriate.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
(06-15-2012, 12:06 PM)Gors Wrote: at the moment, this doesn't look like a sprite project, but rather a topic to fix sprites. will move to spriting & pixelart, as it looks more appropriate.

To be honest, I just want to get it fixed so I don't mess up later, but i see what you mean I'm spending way to much time on one sprite.
Thanked by:
No,that's not what he meant,not even close to that,even.
What he's saying is that it's just a sprite,a project of yours,not something that needs to be a collaborative project,which is what the Sprite Project session is for.

As for the sprite,I'd remove the dark outline on the area that "connects" his eye to the muzzle.
His hands are also way too stiff and unnatural,I believe you're trying to make it look like how his hand look on the Generations model,but it's not very succesful as it is,make them mor natural.His porportion are also wonky,I know M.Sonic is meant to be tall,but you don't need to make an extra long body with tiny hands and feet for that,you can make his shoes a lot larger for example,that way he'll stay the same height,but with better porportion and without huge legs.
His face is odd too,the muzzle seems like it's rotated a bit up,while the rest of thead are in a normal position.
[Image: 120117_kick.gif]
Thanked by: