Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic Generations (PC) SA2 Pyramid Cave
This is the reason why I'm not very active here anymore.

And this also took me another few hours to figure out.

I'll keep you Sonic fans updated with everything, maybe you can even give me some tips

(yes yes, I'll be redoing the layout to match the original but a bit edited so shht about that)
Thanked by: Garamonde, Hoeloe, Ploaj, ~Axis~, Gaia
I like this. Any chance of some more SA2 levels? Crazy Gadget was always a favourite of mine, as was Metal Harbour.

Though Pyramid Cave was an awesome one.

Now I just need to get my copy of Sonic Generations... (have a PC copy in the post)...
Thanked by: TGE, Garamonde
(06-13-2012, 11:40 AM)Hoeloe Wrote: I like this. Any chance of some more SA2 levels? Crazy Gadget was always a favourite of mine, as was Metal Harbour.

Though Pyramid Cave was an awesome one.

Now I just need to get my copy of Sonic Generations... (have a PC copy in the post)...
Well Gorila5 has ported Metal Harbor
Thanked by:
Final Chase would be cool.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-13-2012, 02:00 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Final Chase would be cool.
There are no stupid glitchy gravity tubes in Generations....
Thanked by:
Aww, how sad.
Hmmm, Green Forest or White Jungle.
Thanked by: Hoeloe
(06-13-2012, 04:27 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Aww, how sad.
Hmmm, Green Forest or White Jungle.
Too many scripted objects, it would make up for some weird stage design with springs Tongue
Thanked by:
Cosmic Wall--oh wait that's an Eggman stage. Sad
Thanked by:
City escape....
Thanked by:
or Radical Highway. That'd be cool.

Yeah, it's in the 3DS version, but the 3DS version isn't the PS3/360 version.
Thanked by: Hoeloe, Gaia
Nice W.I.P. I guess... not much to say about it.

Though, do you plan on re-texturing the map? Looks pretty dull compared to generations.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
i can foresee the novelty of this, but what is the point of such thing if its gameplay cant be ported?

thee is basically no reason at all to pick this over playing it on the original game, much less generations's gamplay -at least over SA2- doesnt represent any kind of improvement or enhacement. in fact, it seems like a rather dull, bug-ful thing to do.
Thanked by: recme
(06-14-2012, 01:17 AM)Meta Wrote: i can foresee the novelty of this, but what is the point of such thing if its gameplay cant be ported?

thee is basically no reason at all to pick this over playing it on the original game, much less generations's gamplay -at least over SA2- doesnt represent any kind of improvement or enhacement. in fact, it seems like a rather dull, bug-ful thing to do.

I'd be tempted to try creating the level from scratch and redesigning some parts, like Generations did with things like City Escape. It might be interesting.

Aside from that, I think the purpose is mostly that it's a somewhat fun thing to do.
Thanked by:
Well, redesigning parts would be very hard for an unexperienced modeller like me, besides, it would fit very well.
It looks abit bland right now because tons of objects are missing (Pyramid Cave had amazing scenery!)
People love to play this because they can relive their old days in HD. I'm planning on making some extra shaders like normals, speculars and touch some diffuses up a bit.
SonicGLVL doesn't have 100% perfect shader support yet, so it will not look as great as of now.

The level design and layout will not be changed, the probably the object placement will. And I ensure you, it makes tons of difference.
It feels great with the boost in the linear paths, but the platforming makes it more Adventure like.
Thanked by: Garamonde
(06-14-2012, 05:48 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote: -snip-

I'm tempted to have a go at recreating Final Rush, since all the necessary graphics and objects are already in the game (for the Shadow boss fight).

Might I ask what you're using to do this?

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing this when it's done. It looks great so far.
Thanked by: Gaia, Garamonde, TGE